IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Program is great, No maximize is horrible

BKdigi

BKdigi, you are So Right...

With no max window available can not read list. Horrible decision. Why would Iobit do this? I thought companies planned a UI better nowadays with all the modern conveniences.

:-) :-) ASC v5 Pro is my favorite Utility, very thorough, very configurable. The #1 reason I chose ASC was the ability to Maximize the scan results and double-check the results. It not only allowed me to control what ASC would do, I also learned a lot about the registry and Win7 system files when I would research scan results I didn't understand.

:? :roll: :shock: To tell you the truth, nowadays developers - even Utility developers - create a UI that sells to the lowest common denominator: people that don't want to be bothered with details, people that don't want to "Learn" anything about a new program. They just want to install it, click a button, and have the software tell THEM what to do. The end result is folks like us are handicapped just trying to care for our computers.

So after 5 years of using ASC Pro versions, I'll have to go elsewhere AGAIN, research 8 or 10 more Utilities AGAIN, looking for one that isn't dumbed-down to "Stupid".

Good luck guys!

HI Roboboy24

I am sorry you feel that your only option is to stop using ASC. Before you take such a drastic step, Iwouldask you to allow Iobit to look at the issue and respond. I agree with you that not being able to maximise is very frustrating, and it would be interesting to see the reasonong behind it. To this end and to hopefully speed things up, I will PM (Private Mesage) Cicely at Iobit and reference this thread to her, and ask that it be looked at asap.

I hope you will await the outcome before making your decision.

Hi Roboboy24! (and others)

I agree that the window should be able to be maximized.

As the software is continuously under development and construction... perhaps it would be good to see if the issue is remedied instead of jumping to the conclusion that this is the permanent state it will remain in.:grin:

Let us see what Cicely has to say about it (thanks for PM'ing her Scannan).

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

• 8 months later...

Archived