IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malware log bug?

Hi Immaculens

I am not quite sure what you mean by added security when using an earlier version of FF. The extensions I run with FF 4 are: Adblock Plus 2.0.3: Advanced SystemCare Surfing Protection 1.0: AVG Safesearch:Blocksite 1.0.3: Download Manager Tweak 0.9.5

I understand your concern about the browser updates including all the so called

security fixes. I think that a lot of that is simply a way for the companies to repair bugs under the guise of security fixes.

Anyway, for me, regardless of what the browsers themselves say, I do not rely on them for security. I leave that to my AV and Malware programs, both running on realtime protection with all the browsing features activated (Link Scanner: Email Protection: Firewall).

If you look through the forums you will find a lot of FF users use older versions, such as 3.6 and 4 because they were less bloated and more stable. The big problem with FF is memory leakage and theiruse of plugin containers.

This is a link for a third party version of FireFox, which apparently ismuch better than original FF. It is done by FF users who are the same contributors to the FF proect. I think you may find it interesting.

@Scannan...

I use both versions on my machine almost exclusively but I have most other browsers installed.

The current build of Pale Moon 64bit is so good that I prefer it Version: 15.3.2-x64 and is the best native 64bit browser out there. Absolutely brilliant with the memory use/consumption! Go get it! :grin:

-Cowboy

Hi Immaculens

I am not quite sure what you mean by added security when using an earlier version of FF. The extensions I run with FF 4 are: Adblock Plus 2.0.3: Advanced SystemCare Surfing Protection 1.0: AVG Safesearch:Blocksite 1.0.3: Download Manager Tweak 0.9.5

I understand your concern about the browser updates including all the so called

security fixes. I think that a lot of that is simply a way for the companies to repair bugs under the guise of security fixes.

Anyway, for me, regardless of what the browsers themselves say, I do not rely on them for security. I leave that to my AV and Malware programs, both running on realtime protection with all the browsing features activated (Link Scanner: Email Protection: Firewall).

If you look through the forums you will find a lot of FF users use older versions, such as 3.6 and 4 because they were less bloated and more stable. The big problem with FF is memory leakage and theiruse of plugin containers.

This is a link for a third party version of FireFox, which apparently ismuch better than original FF. It is done by FF users who are the same contributors to the FF proect. I think you may find it interesting.

Archived