IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

System Optimization (Top Performance) Bug

Lyon275

There's a bug in System Optimization ( When you select Top Performance)

and after reboot explorer.exe keeps using 25% of processor all the time when idle. When i'm using computer normally it jumps to 40-70%.

No slowdown (no feel of slowdown) just some kind of number bug i think.

No problems with Daily Use , or Basic only with Top Performance Settings.

Advanced SystemCare 6.0.8.170. PRO

Avast 7 Internet Security

Windows 7 x64

4gb ram DDR3 1333mhz

AMD Athlon II x4 640 3.01 ghz

VTX Radeon HD 6670 1GB DDR5

Screenshots:

http://www.dodaj.rs/f/1d/98/3eY850sQ/1.png

http://www.dodaj.rs/f/F/cg/1Bc4j38c/2.png

http://www.dodaj.rs/f/1R/YR/4N3qcQct/3.png

Fix this bug :smile:

Cheers :mrgreen:

Hi all!

Lyon275 has stated...

No problems with Daily Use , or Basic only with Top Performance Settings.
Hi Lyon... are you using a cable connection with a cable modem attached to a wireless router? Please describe further the exact connection... :-)

Betcha if you choose DSL under Network optimization the problem will be solved... just guessing... try it.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and Prosper!

Top performance

Hi Lyon

You do realize that top performance is a setting primarily intended for gamers? It does not mean that you achieve the use of minimal resources.

I always use the setting Daily Use - years ago when I had the free version I used the Basic setting - it was the only one available. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Lyon

You do realize that top performance is a setting primarily intended for gamers? It does not mean that you achieve the use of minimal resources.

I always use the setting Daily Use - years ago when I had the free version I used the Basic setting - it was the only one available. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

So top-performance makes games perform better by consuming more resources that would otherwise be for the game? This must be more IOBit logic that I don't understand :?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say it starts defragsvc or wsearch amongst other things. %25 CPU on today's hardware means something is doing a lot of work, even on a single-core Atom or other embedded CPU.

Lyon275 has stated... Hi Lyon... are you using a cable connection with a cable modem attached to a wireless router? Please describe further the exact connection... :-)

Betcha if you choose DSL under Network optimization the problem will be solved... just guessing... try it.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and Prosper!

Hi Melvin.

Thanks for your suggestion , but i just switched setting to daily use. No problems now ;-)

Hi Lyon

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg.

Ok it's for gamers but why is there a constant usage of 25% of processor all the time , even when idle ?

I have minimal use of resources when idle when i'm not using this setting (top performance) and i had in previous version of ASC (version 5) i had no problem with this.

explorer.exe with 25% of processor ? wtf ?

I used Top Performance settings in ASC 5 and then i didn't had this problem so it must be a bug.

hi Lyon

I do not know why it uses 25% of the processor capacity in one of your machines.

From what I have read not many have that problem.

Could it be difference in settings? (in program or machine?)

If I should hazard a guess I would think about using more power for keeping many ports open or checking drivers that may be needed to optimize some function that a gamer may need to run some game.

But I don't know.

The more the processor uses - the quicker it will get the job done is my reasoning here? I mean what is the purpose of a processor with a large capacity if it never uses more than a few percentages of that capacity?

If you aren't a gamer with an older setup, why not use the Daily use setting?

It has served me well - I am not a gamer either.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Melvin.

Thanks for your suggestion , but i just switched setting to daily use. No problems now ;-)

Hi solbjerg.

Ok it's for gamers but why is there a constant usage of 25% of processor all the time , even when idle ?

I have minimal use of resources when idle when i'm not using this setting (top performance) and i had in previous version of ASC (version 5) i had no problem with this.

explorer.exe with 25% of processor ? wtf ?

I used Top Performance settings in ASC 5 and then i didn't had this problem so it must be a bug.

Lyon275

I had a look around and found that Internet Download Manager can cause this problem. In this case it was the idmshellext64.dll.....In your case it may be some other process, but it is a starting point and the same procedure can be used to identify the culprit on your machine.

Try the following:- and see attached image

1. download free software called Process Explorer from internet

2. Run procexp.exe

3. Find explorer.exe in process tree, right click on it and click properties

4. in properties, click on threads tab

5. in column CPU you will see what thread used cpu on left side, and name of running file on right side.

6. browse your HDD for that file, if you dont know where is it, use search function instead

7. backup file (just copy in another folder or rename file)

8. if you copy file, delete it from original directory

9. go back to Process Explorer, mark thread that uses CPU with left mouse click on it and click Suspend button on right bottom corner

I hope this helps

NOTE: if you are not sure which file to delete, first google it for info to prevent system problems

You can also do it the intelligent way and just sort by CPU% by clicking the column header labeled as such under Task Manager>Processes, or even better, use the full-featured resource monitor from the performance tab.

If you have to manage modules loaded by a software then the developers are unskilled and sloppy, and you should use one of the hundreds of alternatives that have professional development and support..

captainron

The Task Manager does not help in this case, as it identified that the Explorer.exe is the culprit, but does not enable you to see why. The Process Explorer allows you to identify the elements affecting explorer.exe which are causing the problem.

• 4 months later...

drivers: management

Advanced Sys. Care 6 Seems Only To Manage 20 Of Maybe 58 Drivers I Have , Why Does It Not See All The Drivers. I Want To Make Sure All My Drivers Are Backed Up. How Do I Do This With Advanced Sys. Care 6. Any Help Be Well Appreciated. Thanks Darrell

Hi Darell,

Sorry for the delay. :oops:

Could you please kindly let us know more detailed information of the issue you got so that we can check it clearly?

Do you mean that Driver Manager not recognize the drivers you want to back up?

Thank your for supporing IObit.

Hi Lyon275,

Your problem is quite different...Ur processing is going normal without any problem, yet your CPU performance is showing something different...

Well i think Internet Download Manager may be a reason for the flaw.

and, yes if it is showing just 25 % processor memory, then there may be a problem with your RAM...:shock:

it might help

hi Lyon275

As far my knowledge of system optimization "top performance" is a setting primarily intended for gamers usage. Try to select other setting and work out the problem. Also you can scan your system for viruses or bug that might have affected the system.

I hope this might work for you. If things don't improve get in touch with a good tech support guys. They would resolve your problem.

Archived