IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 6 Pro interferres with MSE scan schedule..

comp12

Hi,

I upgraded last Sunday ASC 6 free to ASC 6 Pro last Sunday and it works efficient, quiet and fine.

But it seems that ASC 6 Pro interferres with Microsoft Security Essentials, as the latter ask me almost every day to run a scan (I run this scan normally once a week) saying that my computer is potentially unguarded. I didn't have this problem with ASC 6 free.

Have you heard of this bug and if yes do you have any solution to get rid of it?

Btw, you should have offered ASC 6 Ultimate with even larger discount to people like me who bought license to ASC 6 Pro one day before release of ASC 6 Ultimate.

Hi Comp12

Sorry you are having this problem. It has been known for some optimising software to be programmed for some reason to remove part of the MSE History files and it's deleting the files MSE checks to determine the last time a scan was conducted. This file removal has no effect on the antimalware protection provided by MSE.

It may be the Privacy sweep in ASC which is causing the problem. Open your settings in Privacy Sweep and look at the Windows section. If there is a reference there to MSE then uncheck it. Then run another quick scan and reboot your computer. I do not use MSE so I do not know if it is listed in ASC.

Hi comp12, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

If it is not still solved by the suggestions given by the Scannan and Melvin_Deal, "Windows Defender" should also be unchecked to see if it makes any difference.

Cheers.

Thanks for welcome, Scannan, your solution worked perfectly 8-)

I'm thinking of uninstalling SuperAntispyware and CCCleaner on my computer and just leave both ASC 6 Pro and JV16 Power Tools. Do you think it's good idea?

One more question - does ASC Ultimate work with MSE and is on the whole better utility than ASC Pro?

Comp12

I am glad your problem is solved.

Firstly regarding your question: Will ASC Ultimate work with MSE... Yes it will work and there is a compatibility mode which will assist with this. However you can have only one program performing realtime protection, and so the other will be a dynamic tool, which would run dynamic scans on request. You would have to decide which is which. My personal opinion, and that of many others, is that it is unadvisable to have more than one Anti-virus program running on a machine. It can lead to conflicts and instability. More than one AV can be run by very experienced users who can manipulate the system to avoid these conflicts.

I myself run an anti-virus program with realtime protection and an anti malware program with realtime protection. There is no conflict between AV programs and Antimalware programs so both can be run without problems.

Of course I also run ASC Pro.

ASC Ultimate has all the above AV/Anti malware/Performane and optimisation.

MSE is also a very well thought of product and will run fine with ASC Pro.

So really at the end of the day, it comes down to what you are comfortable with, and only you can make that decision. You can also go into the Iobit Malware Fighter section of the forum and look at some threads, and ask for advice from the very capable and experienced AV/Malware users there. Have a look at link as it gives a comparison which helps to answer your question.

As for uninstalling SuperAntispyware and CCCleaner: I have never used SuperAntiSpyware and so cannot in good conscience advise you, but I would suggest that you try ASCUltimate or Iobit Malware Fighter and compare it to SuperAntispyware and see which you are more comfortable with.

As for CCCleaner: Once I started using ASC, I did disable CCCleaner, as I found it too aggressive on occasions, and I found that ASC was more user friendly and less aggressive. I have never had a serious problem with ASC as long as I have used it.

I hope this helps you to decide what is best for you, and I am sure you will have other comments and suggestions from other users.

Archived