IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASCU6 vs. AVG-free or plus AVG-free?

BestRip

Hi,

I have been using ASCPro and AVG-free for several years and have a rather good confidence in and experience of the combination.

I wonder now if I should use ASCU6 alone instead of ASCPro6 and AVG-free or if it is better to use ASCU6 and AVG-free together? Does ASCU6 handle ALL AVG-free items?

So: dare I shut AVG down and let ASCU6 take over?

ASCU is as good (overall) as your AVG. It is important not to run two A/V's (please follow Enoskype's link). (It is also good to understand that there is difference between A/V's that only the dedicated would wish to understand)

Also please remember that its a good idea to use protections across the board from multiple suppliers.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi,

I have been using ASCPro and AVG-free for several years and have a rather good confidence in and experience of the combination.

I wonder now if I should use ASCU6 alone instead of ASCPro6 and AVG-free or if it is better to use ASCU6 and AVG-free together? Does ASCU6 handle ALL AVG-free items?

So: dare I shut AVG down and let ASCU6 take over?

When it comes to my anti-malware configuration; i.e AV and Anti-Spyware progams I go by one simple rule.

If it ain't broke leave it alone!!

"Broke" here includes not being satisfied with the overall protection they are providing.

Others may have a differernt opinion.

Hi Buddahfan

I agree completely. I have a Pro version AV/ A Malware program with realtime protection and ASC 6 which runs on Autocare (with settings to suit my needs)

and have never had problems ( Touch wood) .... it is worthwhile doing the research and when you find the programs you are happy and comfortable with...run with them and be happy...

It is a good idea to periodically check and make sure your real-time security programs are still doing their job. Therefore, I recommend people run an on-deamand scan from time to time with another security program or two just to double check on your employees to make sure they are still doing their job correctly, even though they were exemplary in the past in this regard.

Thank you all for your answers :-?

I'm not quite sure what to think. My own system (win7) runs fine with both AVG and ASCU6, but now as I'm installing win8 on a friends laptop I get a Antispy-app missing-warning from the system even though I have the full ASCU6 installed (and full license:-)).

I'd be the first to recommend friends to use only one antivirus pgm, but it is quite confusing what the different pgms do. (This could be a great mission for IObit to clarify to the world!)

Do I understand correctly that the official IObit recommendation is to use ASCU6 together with the IObit Malware Fighter (IMF)?

I have had a bit of a problem with the fighter earlier and therefore not using it now, but that could be due to having AVG running next to the IObit Malware Fighter (IMF)?

I understand your confusion. You are not alone. Many people find it difficult to sift through all the conflicting opinions.

While you are able to run ASCU and AVG on the same machine without problems, it is important to understand that only one of them can provide realtime protection at a time. The other isbasically a backup from which you can run scans yourself in order to see if your main AV program missed anything.

Therefore you are using a lot of system resources and disc space just to have this double check.

AVG has no Malware capability as it is a pure Antivirusprogram, and this may be why your system is reporting Antispy-app missing. It is probably looking for a dedicated Malware program.

I do not know how long ago you stopped using IMF, but it is constantly being improved and may be worth trying again. If you still experience problems with it, let us know and we may be able to resolve it for you.

Hi mate!

Hi! :-)

Mate,I have used AVG in the past BEFORE IObit ASC Ultimate Pro came out and I had already found AVG to be bloated and a little bit of a resource hog.

Now I have IObit ASC 6+AV and I am very pleased! :grin: Go for it and please get the Pro version,it does not cost much for what it does!! :smile:

All the Mods here are fantastic and gave you excellent advice!! I just wanted you to look at my profile page and you will get some ideas mayby !?? It doesn't have all of my multi-tiered (secrets are mine) security because someone may want to infiltrate me! :shock:

Best wishes,

-Cowboy

I understand your confusion. You are not alone. Many people find it difficult to sift through all the conflicting opinions.

While you are able to run ASCU and AVG on the same machine without problems, it is important to understand that only one of them can provide realtime protection at a time. The other isbasically a backup from which you can run scans yourself in order to see if your main AV program missed anything.

Therefore you are using a lot of system resources and disc space just to have this double check.

AVG has no Malware capability as it is a pure Antivirusprogram, and this may be why your system is reporting Antispy-app missing. It is probably looking for a dedicated Malware program.

I do not know how long ago you stopped using IMF, but it is constantly being improved and may be worth trying again. If you still experience problems with it, let us know and we may be able to resolve it for you.

AVG has no Malware capability as it is a pure Antivirusprogram, and this may be why your system is reporting Antispy-app missing. It is probably looking for a dedicated Malware program...

Confusing yes! The win8 reporting a missing antispy-app has only a ASCU6 installed and nothing else, and thats why I sort of asked if I should keep running the system (win8) with only ASCU6? OR should I add IObit Malware Fighter (IMF)?

It is definitely recommended to have a dedicated Anti Malware program which has realtime protection, as well as your AV. Whether you chose IMF is entirely your choice. I think it would be worth trying again. If you are not then happy with it you can always install a different program. There are many out there and we can make recommendations if IMF does not suit you. But it is definitely worth trying.

Hi! :-)

Mate,I have used AVG in the past BEFORE IObit ASC Ultimate Pro came out and I had already found AVG to be bloated and a little bit of a resource hog.

Now I have IObit ASC 6+AV and I am very pleased! :grin: Go for it and please get the Pro version,it does not cost much for what it does!! :smile:

All the Mods here are fantastic and gave you excellent advice!! I just wanted you to look at my profile page and you will get some ideas mayby !?? It doesn't have all of my multi-tiered (secrets are mine) security because someone may want to infiltrate me! :shock:

Best wishes,

-Cowboy

I think I have a similar experience of the AVG. The pay-version at least I felt was quite bloated, but I threw that out and have run the AVG-free since and found it much more transparent while apparently doing it's bizzness...

I have been using the Pro version of ASC several years and I think its one of the best programs in the PC world, but how MS could get away with NOT providing these functions in windows in the first place is beyond me. Its not very likely that the guys that wrote the OS were not aware of the problems they had created. Or what do you think? :wink:

It is definitely recommended to have a dedicated Anti Malware program which has realtime protection, as well as your AV. Whether you chose IMF is entirely your choice. I think it would be worth trying again. If you are not then happy with it you can always install a different program. There are many out there and we can make recommendations if IMF does not suit you. But it is definitely worth trying.

As I have said I have not used other than AVG free and ASCPro for several years without any problems, would you say I've been lucky only? :shock:

Nope. I have used ASC Pro and AVG for many years and have never had a problem. I also run an Anti Malware program with realtime protection and have never had an issue. I cannot even remember the last time I had an infection of any kind.

However, AVG is very heavy on resources and ASCU uses BitDefender technology which is rated as #1 for AV protection, and uses less pc resources to do the same job.

@BestRip

You are spot on! :smile:

As well as the anti-malware on my ASC 6Pro Ultimate+AV,I am using the free IObit Anti-Malware software (among other scanners like Malwarebyts) and I am quite happy with that.

-Cowboy

I think I have a similar experience of the AVG. The pay-version at least I felt was quite bloated, but I threw that out and have run the AVG-free since and found it much more transparent while apparently doing it's bizzness...

I have been using the Pro version of ASC several years and I think its one of the best programs in the PC world, but how MS could get away with NOT providing these functions in windows in the first place is beyond me. Its not very likely that the guys that wrote the OS were not aware of the problems they had created. Or what do you think? :wink:

Thank you all for your answers :-?

I'm not quite sure what to think. My own system (win7) runs fine with both AVG and ASCU6, but now as I'm installing win8 on a friends laptop I get a Antispy-app missing-warning from the system even though I have the full ASCU6 installed (and full license:-)).

I'd be the first to recommend friends to use only one antivirus pgm, but it is quite confusing what the different pgms do. (This could be a great mission for IObit to clarify to the world!)

Do I understand correctly that the official IObit recommendation is to use ASCU6 together with the IObit Malware Fighter (IMF)?

I have had a bit of a problem with the fighter earlier and therefore not using it now, but that could be due to having AVG running next to the IObit Malware Fighter (IMF)?

If you have a computer running something besides W8 my suggestion is if you will be using W8 in the desktop mode do not upgrade to W8 at this time. There are still too many conflicts with 3rd party apps.

However if you are willing to stay strictly within the Modern UI and use only apps that come with W8 or those in the Windows Store it is probably okay. Having said that, Windows Store does not offer a lot of apps at this time.

Good luck

Archived