IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problem detected Profiles [SOLVED]

Alcapone

Hi,

I've noticed that when I make a full clean, the windows login screen gets messed up, and not all users are showing, or no one is.

I know how to solve myself this problem by going to delete some stuff in regedit, but if you could check what is causing the problem on you program you would save some headache to less experienced people that dont know then what to do.

I think the problem may be on your system optimization, just a guess.

Thank you,

Alcapone

Hi Alcapone

In order to try to find the culprit we need to know your settings

They are most easily shown to us by copying the contents of the main.ini file - location by me: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V6

You can also make some screenshots, but in order to get all setting you would have to make several.

If you take a look yourself at the difference in the main.ini file when it functions as it should and how the settings are when it doesn't you should be able to see which setting is responsible for the trouble you are experiencing, I think, and then it is just a matter of changing that setting or make use of the possibility to place the function responsible in the ignore list when you run the program manually next time.

Best course of action is to NOT use the automatic functions before you have configured all settings to your satisfaction.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

I've noticed that when I make a full clean, the windows login screen gets messed up, and not all users are showing, or no one is.

I know how to solve myself this problem by going to delete some stuff in regedit, but if you could check what is causing the problem on you program you would save some headache to less experienced people that dont know then what to do.

I think the problem may be on your system optimization, just a guess.

Thank you,

Alcapone

Hi Alcapone

I can see that you use deep registry scan, this is a little risky if you do not go through the found "problems" and verify them as what you consider problems.

There is quite a difference between my settings and your computer setup, so I think it would be easier if you tried yourself to find the areas that differ from before "problems" to after "problems" have been fixed

Perhaps somone else have a similar computer setup, where it will be easier to compare differences.

I used Excel for comparison purposes but there were to many differences between out setups for it to be easy for me to compare them. Unfortunately there were very many applications you had which I didn't and some that I had but that you didn't.

Sorry about that. Hope someone can take over at this point :-)

I must acknowledge that screenshots of all your settings probably will be easier for me to check, sorry!

Cheers

solbjerg

Here are my settings.

Hi Alcapone,

Please kindly open ASC v6 >> click "Rescue" icon on the top of the interface >> choose one restore point (note: please select it according to the date, you should select a point which is before the problem happened) >> click "Undo Changes" button>> Reboot your computer to see how it works.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Alcapone,

Please kindly open ASC v6 >> click "Rescue" icon on the top of the interface >> choose one restore point (note: please select it according to the date, you should select a point which is before the problem happened) >> click "Undo Changes" button>> Reboot your computer to see how it works.

Thanks in advance.

I know how to fix this problem, just dont know yet what config is causing this.

Hi Alcapone

When you say a full clean do you mean that you select all options in Expert mode and then scan and clean, or do you run the one click scan and repair in Simplified Mode, or do you use the Autoclean.

What is your setting for System Optimisation.

Hi Scannan

:-) Alcapone has kindly left a copy of his main.ini and some screenshots of his settings in post#3 and post#5 :-)

The System optimization says Top performance (home user)

and fiber optic connection.

Going through the different cleaning possibilities one by one is a good idea of yours in order to try to isolate from where the problem stems. :-)

The Top performance setting should also be checked. I think it mostly caters to gamers that need more recources.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Alcapone

When you say a full clean do you mean that you select all options in Expert mode and then scan and clean, or do you run the one click scan and repair in Simplified Mode, or do you use the Autoclean.

What is your setting for System Optimisation.

Thanks Solbjerg, I should have checked.

Alcapone,

I suggest that you change the setting to Daily Use (Home User), and see if the problem continues. I say this because there have been issues in the past with Top Performance. At least it would help to narrow it down, as would going through the different cleaning functions one by one would also narrow it down.

Hi Alcapone,

It's very good that you can fix this problem by yourself. How about fixing it first and then running each module under Care in Expert Mode to see which module will cause this problem?

Although it sounds a little complex, it will not waste much time. :mrgreen:

Your any help is highly appreciated.

Hi,

I had some free time so I ran the full scan again on my computer to mess up the registry on purpose. Then I checked on regedit the windows profiles, where I can fix again the profiles manualy.

After some time I found where the problem was:

The deep registry fix of advanced system care(i didnt check the non-deep one), erases this registry (profileimagepath) that that leads to windows acount profiles to disapear from login screen(so it only leaves 1 or none acounts showing).

This is the "fix" done by the registry fix:

Deleted HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\S-1-5-21-3617828811-1542837949-223085104-1009 value=ProfileImagePath

Now you only need to fix it on you program and save me and other users from this non very good fix. Thankx anyway.

Cheers,

Alcapone :D

Alcapone

Glad you got to the root of your problem. You may notice from some of the other posts that the Deep Registry Clean was always the suspect one.

I and others constantly advise users to disable the Deep Clean function, as it is very aggressive. It is really for knowledgeable users who are trying to repair machines with serious faults, and need to basically redo the registry.

While I am sure that Iobit will take your concerns on board and look at correcting the issue, I would still advise you to disable the Deep Clean Function.

I never use it and the normal registry clean has always kept my machine in top condition.

Hi Alcapone,

Thank you very very much to help us find what the problem is.:mrgreen:

And the information you gave is not enough for us to fix this problem. Please find Log and Backup folder in %appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare v6 and send it us.

Millions of thanks.

Hi Alcapone,

We have a demo for this problem. :mrgreen:

1. Make sure Windows login screen works well.

2. Download the demo at http://wikisend.com/download/144568/Reg.dbd.

3. Exit ASC v6.

4. Use the Reg.dbd we sent to you to replace the original one in the Database folder of V6.

Here are the instructions for finding Database folder: Right click on the ASC v6 icon on the desktop -> select Open file folder -> search Database there.

5. Run Registry Fix to see whether the problem will appear again.

If the problem appears again, please send us the latest Log and Backup folders to us for further check.

Thanks for your time.

Archived