IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced SystemCare 6 and Windows Action Center

MartinF1964

I have had Advanced Systemcare 6 running on two Windows 7 laptops for a while now and ever since I updated to ASC6 from ASC5 both laptops indicate an Action Center issue where auto Windows Update has been turned off and the machine is therefore at risk. Re-enabling auto Windows Update via the Action Center solves the problem but after a while the same issue is again indicated.

When the Action Center is indicating the problem going to Control Panel and checking the Windows Update settings the auto update setting is enabled even though Action Center is saying otherwise.

Again I should stress that this problem did not occur until I upgraded to ASC6 on both laptops.

I did notice some one else had this problem when trying out the beta version of ASC6 but no real solution was provided. This problem is more of an annoyance :roll: but I would like it to be sorted.

As anyone else seen this problem, is there a solution, any ideas?

Hi MartinF1964,

We are wondering after you fixed this problem by manually re-enabling auto Windows Update and before the issue happened again, what you did with ASC v6.

It's better to let us know the detailed procedures so that we can check it clearly.

Thanks in advance.

martin

i have exactly same problem in windows7. when i go into action centre and correct it it will stay ok for a week or so then the fault appears again.

I had thought it was because iobit had set it to turn off rather than a bug, perhaps its a bug after all. never had it prior to ASC6pro. ASC5pro was ok.

its only a minor annoyance.

Hi all,

We really need more information to help us look into this issue. :wink:

Please let us know after you fixed this problem by manually re-enabling auto Windows Update and before the issue happened again, what you did with ASC v6.

The detailed procedures are really helpful for us to check it clearly.:mrgreen:

Thanks in advance.

Hi sunny

Have you checked if Windows action center is mentioned as a cleaning option in Privacy or in Junk file cleaning settings.

If so - untick it.

I cannot see it since I think it is specific to Win7 and possibly later OS'es and I run XP

If it isn't - please go through the "problems" found during the cleaning scan, - find the culprit and place it in the ignore list.

Cheers

solbjerg

cicley

all i do is go into action centre when i see its message alert and and turn on auto windows update.

when it alerts me later its turned off i repeat the procedure.

Cicley - I simply re-enable windows update to remove the Action Center warning. I don't change any ASC6 settings just leave it set as per before the warning occurs. Action Center message re-appears after an un-specified period of time.

In response to some of the other feedback on the forum why would ASC6 be set to disable Windows auto-update - to me this would make the computer less secure. I've looked at the ASC6 settings but cannot find any related to disabling Windows auto-update so I'm assuming no setting exists.

This problem is annoying but also introduces a degree of un-certainty since it isn't clear whether Windows auto-update is turned off or not. As previous mentioned checking the Windows update settings in the Control Panel it shows Windows auto-update turned on however Action Center says its turned off.

hi sunny

I think that it just may be the log that keeps the report of Windows updates - what this is called I do not recall.

If this log is emptied in a cleaning frenzy the update function will not know when it last updated the program and therefore react as though you haven't updated at all.

Could this be it?

Cheers

solbjerg

cicley

all i do is go into action centre when i see its message alert and and turn on auto windows update.

when it alerts me later its turned off i repeat the procedure.

I think Solbjerg is correct. There is a known issue with Windows Action Centre relating to windows accessing updated information for the Action Centre Logs.

This is really a MS issue and is a source of many complaints. Apparently windows is working on it....don't hold your breath..

Archived