IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Turbo Boost cuts disconnects me from the internet

42durham

Hi 42durham

Welcome. The reason is probably because your Browser is using a lot of resource. Some browsers such as FireFox can suffer from memory leak which uses a lot of memory the longer it is active.

If this is the case you can minimise the problem by restarting your browser regularly and also to minimise active addons.

You can also check your Turbo Boost settings and select the items which can be stoppped.

I use Google Chrome. And I am not even using a browser when I am getting disconnected. I am playing an online role-playing game which works fine when Turbo Boost is not on. And it did the same before when I used Game Boost. But I think they are pretty much the same software, except Game Boost has a game drop box so when you start the game from the Game Boost box, it automatically boosts the game.

I think you need to check your Turbo Boost settings. If Game Mode is selected it switches off more services than Workmode. In particular check the setting of "Disable viewing other computers on Lan, and also the setting of "Disable file sharing over the network"

If you have selected "Use ASC Power Plan" you might try selecting "Keep the Current Power plan" instead.

Scan:

"Disable viewing other computers on Lan, and also the setting of "Disable file sharing over the network" - should I not disable these? Any other programs I should not disable that could cause the disconnect issue?

Top:

Do I have a proxy server? I have no idea what that is or what the setting would be or how I could check it.

Thanks.

I would say that they should not be disabled (not ticked).

The AV protection provided by the new ASC Ultimate uses the BitDefender Technology, which is rated as #1 anti virus, so you will have excellent protection, plus all the great ASC Utilities and also ASC's Malware Fighter.

Do I have a proxy server? I have no idea what that is or what the setting would be or how I could check it.

Thanks.

There is a check-box setting in 'Turbo-boost settings'

That I think says 'Disable Auto Proxy detect' or something like that.

Try changing it, by adding or removing the check-mark, as needed.

It should be Disabled (with a check-mark in box) if you are Not connecting thru a Proxy-server,

but since you are using a Wireless connection, it may be going thru a Proxy.

Hi durham

If you do not know if you have a proxy server or not chances are very good that you do not use this possibility :-)

A proxy server is a type of firewall set up to handle a particular protocol like all HTTP (HyperText Transfer Protocol) traffic or FTP (File Transfer Protocol) traffic.

Connecting fx. your intranet to the internet

If you had used it you would probably at some time have been asked to choose a port for the communication several times.

Cheers

solbjerg

Scan:

"Disable viewing other computers on Lan, and also the setting of "Disable file sharing over the network" - should I not disable these? Any other programs I should not disable that could cause the disconnect issue?

Top:

Thanks.

Archived