IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Report here-How well is V. 2.1 Working For You?

samr

Hello,

I thought it would be good to start a topic here on how well the new version is working. With all the shut down problems in the last version, it might be good to have some reports here to see how well it is working for everyone. This could cut down on the confusion and get some good reports all under one topic.

So far the shutdown problem seems to be fixed with XP. It takes just a little longer to shutdown with auto defrag on than with it off, but I can live with that.

I ran a manual defrag running "Defrag Computer" and had "0" remaining fragments! Never had that before! Very nice!

I noticed that the red "fragmented" bars on the display still don't seem to show up while defragging. They do show up if you run "analyze". Is that the way it is supposed to work?

Everything else seems to be working great. Nice job Newton & the Iobit guys!

samr.

small bug?

One other small thing I have noticed in all versions (including v. 2.1) is if you are running a comprehensive defrag in manual mode, the progress readout seems to stop at about 15%. You can see from the icon that it is still running and eventually it stops and shows report. It just seems to be the progress bar and the display showing what files are being optomized that seems to stop.

samr.

Automatic drive detection

How is the automatic drive detection supposed to work?

When I mount a Truecrypt volume, SmartDefrag still cannot detect it and there's no option to force it to detect the new drive.

As far as I can tell the program only detects logical partitions and no virtual partitions on those logical partitions.

Right? Or do I miss something.

Other problem: large files several hundreds of MB are not defragged at all. But that might be a problem of any defragger...

I did some more testing on the drive auto-detect feature.

Floppy disk on USB: No detection.

External HD on USB: No detection.

SD memory card in internal card reader: No detection.

CF memory card in internal card reader: No detection.

DVD in internal DVD-RW: No detection.

DVD in internal DVD-ROM: No detection.

So every plausible method of mouting a new drive is not detected. I can't think of a way to make it work.

For most users, keeping drive C: defragmented on the fly is huge. Maybe

too early to tell yet, but 2.1 seems much better than 2.01. And eliminating the shut down bug is also very nice even if it was a minor annoyance.

The fact that iobit smart defrag is not yet a swiss army knife able to it do all yet does not disturb me in a beta. Ya get the basic right first and then you try to extend that without turning it into bloatware. We must all remember the development team is agrressively working on this program, in process bugs will be discovered, but somehow these bugs get corrected. Its easy to demand it all for free---you can even demand double your money back.

But maybe its time for some of us to say to the iobit programming team,

you well deserve a pat on the back :!:

First @ Devs.: It could be a good idea to make this topic a sticky, so you'll get reports on the new release.

Secondly, I wanted to report two things; 1. Great job fixing the Shutdown/Reboot problems - it's very annoying.

2. The "optimize files" feature, which runs after defrag procedure when you select your drives and click 'Defrag', still hangs most of the time (everytime I've tested with the new version it hangs atleast, and that is some (not on a specific file but generally, I think)).

Just couple of small ones.

1. When Auto defrag is enabled from taskbar icon menu, Recomended Action: in Status window still shows "Enable Auto Defrag".

2.Enable/Disable Auto Defrag items in the taskbar icon menu can not be translated because the program does not use the language file in that respect.

3. Optimization level does not show the condition of disk, because when scheduled defrag is checked, it shows "Excellent", and if scheduled defrag is unchecked it shows "Good" even with zero fragmentation. (Checked with Perfect Disk, Diskeeper, O&O Defrag, Power Defragmenter)

For information:

Unless you use the wizard, changing the language is only for current session. This is much better than otherwise .:D

enoskype

Archived