IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Real-time Protection?

Hi,

I just recently upgraded to Ultimate 6 and have come across an issue where when I mouse over the icon in the system tray it says that the Real-time Protection is off. When I open the program though it says that it is indeed on and that I'm protected.

I have a "Solve PC issues" alerting me of an important message: "Turn on Advanced SystemCare Ultimate" and upon clicking it Window's Action Center asks if I want to run this program, etc. I click yes, I trust the publisher and it attempts to run, but just hangs.

I have tried restarting, I have run the scan and I am up to date.

Should I be worried that I'm not really protected? Is Malware Fighter maybe causing this?

Please help... I am not sure if I can rest if I don't get this fixed.

Helplessly Neurotic,

Flutterby

Hi Flutterby

Do you have any other anti-virus program running?

Did you install the program over the top?

Perhaps a Clean Install of the program may solve your issue? (link to guide in my signature)

When downloading the install file, I recommend to download it to your "Downloaded programs folder" (You may have to create that folder yourself) and then before installing the program right click the downloaded install program and hit Properties - in the lower right corner you will see a button saying "Unblock" press that - it will allow the program on your machine and you should get no warning popping up when it runs.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

I just recently upgraded to Ultimate 6 and have come across an issue where when I mouse over the icon in the system tray it says that the Real-time Protection is off. When I open the program though it says that it is indeed on and that I'm protected.

I have a "Solve PC issues" alerting me of an important message: "Turn on Advanced SystemCare Ultimate" and upon clicking it Window's Action Center asks if I want to run this program, etc. I click yes, I trust the publisher and it attempts to run, but just hangs.

Should I be worried that I'm not really protected? Is Malware Fighter maybe causing this?

Helplessly Neurotic,

Flutterby

Hi,

Helplessly Neurotic,

Flutterby

If I was a betting person, I would bet you are using W7, have been for quite a while and have not recently done a clean reinstall of W7. Am I correct?

Just curious::smile:

Archived