IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

mouse blue box vanishes

I may be kind of retarded. But I recently installed the new version on my laptop and I put on active optimization which works well. However, my mouse on the desk top lost its blue selection box and is now replaced with the retro dotted line. Sadly, I don't know how to get my old friend the blue selection box back. Please help

Hi jonassabatini

Welcome. Did you try opening the ASC Rescue Centre and restoring your system to a previous time. Choose a time when your Cursor last worked correctly.

Edit: If you do not want to use the system restore, you could try the following first:

Do you still get the translucent box when highlighting in explorer?

You can try Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Performance Settings -> Visual Effects ... Check the box for "Show translucent selection rectangle"

If it is already checked, try just unchecking it hitting apply and rechecking it and hitting apply...this may solve the issue.

Archived