IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC6 and recylebin

sunny staines

matter seems solved but on two occasions recently ASC6 PRO has got stuck on its general scan at the first malware stage by the recycle bin.

1st occasion froze on malware scan on firefox17 installation files in the recycle bin, re starting ASC did not work, then next step opened recycle bin and deleted all files one by one, ASC would still get stuck. after reboot of laptop all ok.

2nd occasion froze on malware scan of chrome in recyle bin, again only way round was to manual delete items in bin and reboot.

just for info should anyone else get similar, prior to last week never had this problem and all seems ok now.

using w7 starter edition

Hi sunny

I always exclude the recycle bin from the cleaning - on the grounds that I might need a deleted item again - so I always delete the content of the recycle bin manually - I find that the most prudent course.

My brother never deletes the recycle bin but let it do it successively on it's own as it reaches it's maximum capacity - even more prudently :-)

(he has apparently an even less anal fixation on cleaning than I do) :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

matter seems solved but on two occasions recently ASC6 PRO has got stuck on its general scan at the first malware stage by the recycle bin.

1st occasion froze on malware scan on firefox17 installation files in the recycle bin, re starting ASC did not work, then next step opened recycle bin and deleted all files one by one, ASC would still get stuck. after reboot of laptop all ok.

2nd occasion froze on malware scan of chrome in recyle bin, again only way round was to manual delete items in bin and reboot.

just for info should anyone else get similar, prior to last week never had this problem and all seems ok now.

using w7 starter edition

Archived