IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Cannot upgrade to latest version...

I've always used IObit's SmartDefrag program and have found it very practical and dependable. Today, however, when I tried to upgrade to the latest version, I received the message 'unable to run from the temporary folder. Error 5 access denied'.

Would anyone happen to know what is happening here, and how to get around it? For the record, I'm running Vista Home Premium.

Florio

upgrade

Hi Florio-it is my understanding that one of the causes of error 5 is a change in file or folder name(known to happen in vista as well as xp) you might want to try a fresh download to a separate folder-please tell us the current version of defrag you have(beta?) so we know what you are trying to upgrade to-then you should be able to obtain a link for a fresh download and clean install-this way, you will not have to uninstall your current version in case the problem persists-meaning you will still have something to work with in the meantime-great day and God bless

Archived