IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

rid of adv system care pro advertisement?

Bhardius

There currently is an advertisement for advanced system care pro 6 popping up in the right corner of my desktop ("once per year christmas sale"). I immediately uninstalled the free version, but it keeps returning. Do, how do I get rid of this obvious malware?

Hi Bhardius;87665, welcome here!

There currently is an advertisement for advanced system care pro 6 popping up in the right corner of my desktop ("once per year christmas sale"). I immediately uninstalled the free version, but it keeps returning. Do, how do I get rid of this obvious malware?

If you do a clean install of ASC free and then a clean uninstall this will disappear.

It is not malware... only evidence of a confused machine.:wink:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

New christmas.exe in ASC 6 Fo9lder

Webroot AnywhereSeciurity reported a christmas.exe in the AdvancedSystemCare6 folder. The executable has today's date:

12/11/2012 02:21 PM 293,248 christmas.exe

and I did not do any updates on ASC 6 today. Is it malware, or is it a new part of ASC 6?

IObit ad desktop popups

After recent udate to ASC free, an ad for xmas upgrade appears four or five times a day on desktop -- even if I am not currently using a browser. How to turn your ad off? Early answer said it would appear only once -- nonsense, it appears four or five times a day (randomly) in the lower right hand corner of desktop. I love your product and have used it for years but the new ad campaign has to go.

Hi clifterry,

Normally, it should be once.

We need more information to look into this issue.

1. Please confirm with us that the advertisement appears on the same computer.

2. After the advertisement appears, do you close it manually before it appears again?

We are looking forward to your reply. :wink:

Thanks in advance.

Hi clifterry

You do use the free version

I have v. 6.0.8.182 Pro and do not see the advertissement.

It is not any form of malware - just the company that offers you their own pro version very cheaply as a sort of Christmas gift.

Cheers

solbjerg

After recent udate to ASC free, an ad for xmas upgrade appears four or five times a day on desktop -- even if I am not currently using a browser. How to turn your ad off? Early answer said it would appear only once -- nonsense, it appears four or five times a day (randomly) in the lower right hand corner of desktop. I love your product and have used it for years but the new ad campaign has to go.

I saw it Once, per computer.

Scared the Heck out of me, :shock:

I first thought it was a virus Warning, since it is mostly Red color. :lol:

My heart only skipped a couple beats, so I can't Sue IObit for my Heart-Attack. :lol:

Note - I'm using version 5.4, so it must have been sent out to all ASC users

Archived