IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How Do You Shut Down the Ultimate 6 Program

spondrei

Hi spondrei, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

Since ASC Ultimate 6 is an antivirus software, you can not exit it when running.

You can stop the Real-time protection by turning off the button on the main GUI, otherwise you have to restart your computer to exit it and it will restart with Windows start.

Cheers.

Hi spondrei. Welcome here.

If you disable the start-up on launch of Windows, and verify that is is configured not to launch using msconfig.

Then it will not start...

Once started you cannot stop it without alot of work.

I also made this suggestion a few months ago.:wink:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

If you disable the start-up on launch of Windows, and verify that is is configured not to launch using msconfig.

Then it will not start...

Once started you cannot stop it without alot of work.

I also made this suggestion a few months ago.:wink:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

avast! products have an option in one of the sections of their GUI to turn off what they call the "self-defense mode" You boot into safe mode unclick the option which turns off the "self-defense mode". Then run their uninstaller which is designed to remove all traces of avast!. Reboot normally and you are GTG.

Hi Buddahfan.

This is not clear to me but I think you mean it as a suggestion to Iobit?

avast! products have an option in one of the sections of their GUI to turn off what they call the "self-defense mode" You boot into safe mode unclick the option which turns off the "self-defense mode". Then run their uninstaller which is designed to remove all traces of avast!. Reboot normally and you are GTG.

This is not clear as well with some thoughts though:

Then run their uninstaller which is designed to remove all traces of avast!. Reboot normally and you are GTG.
So you are saying here that you run the uninstaller selectively? Removing only a portion of Avast! ??

It is common for A/V's to have the option to turn off their real time protections... is this what you refer to by self defense (I haven't run avast! in over a year and a half).

I think the original poster wants the option to completely shut off the program without having to restart. (just to make sure we're talking about the same thing)

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. A note of appreciation to you Buddahfan for posting here and helping members/users selflessly with the overall good in mind... it is noticed.:grin:

This is not clear to me but I think you mean it as a suggestion to Iobit?

This is not clear as well with some thoughts though: So you are saying here that you run the uninstaller selectively? Removing only a portion of Avast! ??

It is common for A/V's to have the option to turn off their real time protections... is this what you refer to by self defense (I haven't run avast! in over a year and a half).

I think the original poster wants the option to completely shut off the program without having to restart. (just to make sure we're talking about the same thing)

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. A note of appreciation to you Buddahfan for posting here and helping members/users selflessly with the overall good in mind... it is noticed.:grin:

Hopefully this is a little clearer.

Download the avast! uninstall tool if you do not have it available. Boot into the Safe Mode. Unclick the "self-defense mode" under Settings---Trouble Shooting. Then run the avast! uninstall tool while in safe mde to uninstall avast! Then reboot normally.

If by chance you use a regular uninstaller like IObit Uninstaller to uninstall avast! you should still run the avast! uninstall tool to make sure everything is removed with respect to avast! Then reboot normally.

It's been a long time since I have had to uninstall avast!. So maybe if one needs the specfic instructions on how it is done they would be better off going to the avast! forum and get them there.:-)

Archived