IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Move Iobit definitions to new PC

I am getting a new PC and I would like to have Iobit active on it before I get on the internet to register Windows and download an Internet Security product.

How do I move the latest definitions to the new PC so Iobit will be current when I start Iobits? In other words can I copy one or more files or folders and paste into the new PC?

Richard

Hi richardkkkk, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

Yes you can copy the db folder (together with it's content) of IMF after updating IMF to the latest Definition Version (1191 as of now) in a PC and insert it to the new PC @:

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter\db

When you start IMF in the new computer, it will have the latest definition version of database.

Cheers.

Hi richardkkkk... welcome to the Iobit forums!

Wow... that is really kind of paranoid:

I am getting a new PC and I would like to have Iobit active on it before I get on the internet to register Windows and download an Internet Security product.

I am curious about the possible failure of your old machine (is that the one you are posting from)? Also, what internet security product are you going to install? Also are you using an external HD (hard drive)?

I'm sure that you know that most all PC's come pre-installed with a security product (on trial)... what are you going to do about that?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Iobits Definitions to A New PC

Hi Melvin,

You make a good point. Am I paranoid? Probably. I keep reading all the scare stories about malware....

I had thought of buying a PC without the McAfee trial so I wouldn't have to uninstall it later. I have been using Norton Internet Security or its predecessors for many years and I haven't seen a reason to change.

I suppose I could use the MF trial till I get NAV ready to install.

Nothing really wrong with my old PC. I have been thinking about getting a new Windows 8 PC and recycling this one to one of my step children.

I use an external HD to store monthly backups. One may have saved my marriage one time when all my wife's pictures got corrupted.

Thanks,

Richard

Hi richardkkkk.

O.K. :grin:

If you have any questions or concerns... let us know. :wink:

Backups are good!

One may have saved my marriage one time when all my wife's pictures got corrupted.
They must have been really good pictures... Ha Ha! LOL!!:oops:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived