IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

BitDefender 2013 and ASC v6 -[Solved]

jovan111p

I have problem with those 2.

Since I buy ASC 6 my BitDefender 2013 keep asking me for restart after almost every update but when I uninstall ASC after some time BD (BitDefender) stop asking for restart.

I was testing this for 2 months and I am 100% sure that BD ask for restart because ASC.

Is there solution on how to fix this? Thanks

By "Restart'", do you mean 'reboot the computer'?

(Or do you mean Restart the BD program?)

reboot the computer and BD is Internet security (AV) When you install BitDefender only after first update he ask for reboot and no more but since I install ASC he ask me to reboot computer almost after every update

I have ASC 6 and no I dont have problems with rebooting my PC once a day but I do have problems doing that every single hour.

My opinion is that ASC delete something from registry and thats why BD ask me to reboot.

I have problem with those 2.

Since I buy ASC 6 my BitDefender 2013 keep asking me for restart after almost every update but when I uninstall ASC after some time BD (BitDefender) stop asking for restart.

I was testing this for 2 months and I am 100% sure that BD ask for restart because ASC.

Is there solution on how to fix this? Thanks

This is not at all clear!

Update of what? Bitdefender or AdvancedSystemCare 6?

I think you are saying that your BitDefender started asking for reboot (restart) after downloading its updates only after you began running ASC 6 (free)

Is this correct?

What is your native language?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

This is not at all clear!

Update of what? Bitdefender or AdvancedSystemCare 6?

I think you are saying that your BitDefender started asking for reboot (restart) after downloading its updates only after you began running ASC 6 (free)

Is this correct?

What is your native language?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I have Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 and since I buy ASC 6 PRO my BitDefender 2013 keep asking me for restart after almost every update of BitDefender.

Hope it clear now.

Native language: Serbian

Hi jovan111p

I think that the problem may be with BitDefender and not ASC. It appears to be quite a common problem. Have a look at this link and this link.

I suggest a full uninstall and clean re-install of BitDefender.

I did full uninstall and clean re-install of BitDefender few weeks ago and result is the same. The problem is if I did full uninstall of ASC, after 1 day BitDefender stop asking me for reboot.

Thank you for the feedback. It appears that this problem occurs when BitDefender is unable to replace some files during an update.

I suggest that you install ASC again, but do not activate it. in other words do not select "Load Automatically at Windows startup", and do not load the progam manually.

Thsi will enable us to see if the mere presence of ASC on your pc is causing the problem. If the problem does not occur then we can go trough the ASC functions one by one until we identify the one causing the issue.

It is my feeling that it is probably a registry issue. Did you use the Registry Deep Clean function of ASC when it was installed ??.

It is advisable not to use the Deep Clean for normal cleaning and optimisation. It is really for use when there is a specific problem which requires intense work within the registry. It is rarely required.

Because it burrows deeper into the registry it can sometimes be aggressive in its scan. It is therefore necessary to examine each item in the scan result when Deep Clean is used to ensure that you want it repaired.

I recommed that you disable the Deep Clean and run ASC on normal registry scan/clean.

This may prevent your problem from occuring.

Sorry. I never bother with the quick settings.

I cannot see that Ultimate TuneUp shuld cause a problem.

It is best to deal with the items one at a time. If you change more than one setting at a time, then it will be difficult to pinpoint the issue.

Now that you disabled the Deep Clean, we should see if the problem occurs again.

Hi Scannan

I think that what is sometimes called Ultimate Tuneup is what in the settings are referred to as Active Optimize.

I feel that I have no problem with the capacity of my computer and I therefore do not use that Active optimize. - I mean why would I close down (optimize) functions that I have no problem with if they are running?

There may be those that get some benefit from it though. You will have to decide for yourself.

Cheers

solbjerg

Sorry. I never bother with the quick settings.

I cannot see that Ultimate TuneUp shuld cause a problem.

It is best to deal with the items one at a time. If you change more than one setting at a time, then it will be difficult to pinpoint the issue.

Now that you disabled the Deep Clean, we should see if the problem occurs again.

Hi Scannan

I think that what is sometimes called Ultimate Tuneup is what in the settings are referred to as Active Optimize.

I feel that I have no problem with the capacity of my computer and I therefore do not use that Active optimize. - I mean why would I close down (optimize) functions that I have no problem with if they are running?

There may be those that get some benefit from it though. You will have to decide for yourself.

Cheers

solbjerg

What do you want to say, should Ultimate Tuneup be ON or not?

So leave Ultimate TuneUp alone for now whatever the setting, and see if the problem is solved by disabling the Deep Clean.

Hi Solbjerg

They are actually two different functions. See attached printscreen.

I agree with you. I do not run functions that I do not need. I set everything up at the beginning and it works merrily away and I have had no problems and the machine is always in top shape. Touch wood.

Edit: Sorry, I have actually Utimate TuneUp activated too, I go with Daily use.

Knocking me on the head will probably sound very hollow! :-) Cheers solbjerg

• 4 weeks later...
The problem is solved by disabling the Deep Clean :smile:

I have been using Bitdefender W8 Security with ASC Pro 6 for about a month. I use Deep Clean on ASC Pro. BD W8 Security has never asked me for a reboot after it updates its definitions. I know it is a different Bitdefender program but I am just saying. If someone is using W8 and I don't know if the OP is, I strongly suggest they use BD W8 Security rather than BD 2013.

Disabling Deep Clean does not solve the problem. What it ism is a work around but the problem the OP was having still exists.

Archived