IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Tips on using the Registry Fix? - [Solved]

halxion

Hello. I am using ASC 6 pro on Windows 7 64 bit. I previously used ASC 5 beta 2.0 and was really happy with the software that I decided to upgrade to ASC 6 Pro.

I am really digging the new look, it looks very sleek.

However I am having some difficulty with the registry fix. On ASC 5 when you did a registry fix you could manually select which errors to fix and were given a handy section aptly named "Damage Level". It was great, because I honestly don't know anything as technical as modifying windows registries (I've done so in the past, but it's not something I'm an expert on), so the damage meter was very, very handy, even if it's somewhat inaccurate (which I would suspect it would be). On ASC 6 Pro, there is no such thing. I am reluctant to even try to change anything here because from experience I've had to do rollbacks back when I was using beta 2.0.

Is there any advice or tips on fixing the registry?

Can we expect an update/fix in the near future that displays the damage level? I really hope there'll be a fix :/

Hi halxion's

Welcome. Thank you for the feedback. I agree that a risk indicator should be included in the Registry fix and hopefully it is something that Iobit will look at.

You are correct to be extremely careful when working with the registry, as if done incorrectly it can cause serious issues.

If you use the Registry Cleaner in the Toolbox, it will give the results in the format you were used to...ie., it will display the Risk level for items found. It also allows you to select specific Registry areas to scan, which I find is helpful for understanding and working with the Registry.

I would also recommend that you disable the Deep Clean function in the Registry Fix settings, as it scans very deeply and aggressively, and should only be used to solve specific and difficult problems, and only by users with a strong technical knowledge of the Registry.

With the Deep Clean disabled, there is very little risk of issues arising if you run the fix function.

Complete agreement.

I agree with the entire content of this post... thanks Scannan!:-)

Hi halxion's

Welcome. Thank you for the feedback. I agree that a risk indicator should be included in the Registry fix and hopefully it is something that Iobit will look at.

You are correct to be extremely careful when working with the registry, as if done incorrectly it can cause serious issues.

If you use the Registry Cleaner in the Toolbox, it will give the results in the format you were used to...ie., it will display the Risk level for items found. It also allows you to select specific Registry areas to scan, which I find is helpful for understanding and working with the Registry.

I would also recommend that you disable the Deep Clean function in the Registry Fix settings, as it scans very deeply and aggressively, and should only be used to solve specific and difficult problems, and only by users with a strong technical knowledge of the Registry.

With the Deep Clean disabled, there is very little risk of issues arising if you run the fix function.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived