IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Something turns off antivirus

gofar99

Hi, newbee here, I have ASC U6 and it was working fine for some time. Now for some reason it loads the AV then at the end of the start up procedures, un loads it. It is the sole AV. Checking the start ups it is listed as auto and as far as I can tell nothing after it would interfere. PC is using Win 7 Pro 32.

Any ideas?

Hi gofar99

Welcome. Sorry you are having a problem. You will however have to give a more detailed explanation of the issue so that we can assist you.

How do you know it "unloads" at the the end of the startup procedures. Are you saying that the ASCU6 program stops completely for no reason, or do you get some sort of message saying it stopped.

We really need a better explanation of the problem.

Hi, When WIN 7 starts up, the ASC icon is first to appear in the task bar. At the end of the starting process it disappears. If you go to the actual program on the desk top and open it, the antivirus says it is not active. If you go through the settings the selector is off for start up. Changing it to on and saving the change does not work as it will be off again at the next start up. I also pinned it to the windows start up and checked using The Ultimate Trouble shooter program that it is set for auto at start up. It appears that even though it does start, it gets shut down afterward. There are no anti add nor spyware programs on board. Running the AV program for in depth checking finds nothing amiss. The problem is fairly recent as it used to work. I have not installed any new software since then either.

Thanks,

Bruce

That is very strange. Have you looked at the Applications and the Processes in the Task Manager to verify that ASCu is actually completed exited. I have seen this happen with firefox before but when I looked at Applications in the Task Manager it was still listed as running, and if I just double clicked on it Firefox reappeared as if nothing had happened.

If it is completely stopped in the Task Manager, the only thing I can imagine is that another program is switching it off.

Do you have any other Malware protection program or antivirus program on your machine.

If not, did you ever have another AV or malware program on the machine which you uninstalled, as sometimes they do not fully uninstall and the remnants which are left behind can cause issues.

The other thing you can try is to restore your system to a time when ASCU worked ok (a time before this issue started) and see if that resolves the problem.

I do not want to suggest a clean uninstall and reinstall of ASCU yet, as this may cause licence issues.

Archived