IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What is, and Do I want to activate ASC Ultimate Power Plan?

Good Day All! I hope you're enjoying a pleasant one.

I'm setting up ASC Ultimate Turbo Boost, and it's asking me...

"Would you like to activate Advanced SystemCare Ultimate Power Plan?"

and I have to choose "Yes" or "No"

What is the ASC Power Plan?

Should I Activate it (recommendations please)?

How do you turn it off if you activate it, and then change your mind?

:-D HAPPY NEW YEAR! :-D

John B.

Upstate, NY

Hi AspireOneNetbook

The Power Plan is the settings which Turbo Boost uses to enhance its operation, by managing the power options, similar to the Power Options in your XP control Panel\Performance Maintenance\Power Options. In other it manages how power is used in order to maintain your batteries, alarms, hibernation etc...

If you are asking what exactly the internal settings of the Power Option are, I am afraid I cannot help you, as I do not use Turbo Boost.

My recommendation is to use your existing Power Plan if you are happy with it. (If it's not broken ...don't fix it).

Hopefully some other user who uses Turbo Boost may have more information regarding the actual settings. It is actually something that Iobit should maybe look at. That is to give information as to what Turbo Boost actually configures for the ASC Power Plan.

Happy New Year!

Ha! I wasn't sure if the word "Power" was related to Turbo Boost having Super Powers beyond it's normal "Power"... or if it was related to Power Management. Maybe that should be explained on the inquisitive screen. I think I'll just, like you said, keep what I've got, since it works fine for me and my little Netbook. I'm only guessing, but I would think, if I had chosen "Yes", I would be able to change my option in the Power Management Dept. of Windows... I'm only guessing.

Thanks Very Much for clarifying that for me.

:-P

pladecalvo

The concesus appears to be that it is best to have Malfighter in addidtion to ASCU6, because apparently the standalone version of IMF is more powerful and has more features.

Like yourself, I think that if you have ASCU6, that it should be unnecessary to have IMF as well, but I am sure there will be many more opinions on this subject. So for now, it is probably best that you run IMF as well.

Hi Scannan,

I am curious about what concensus you speak of? I personally utilize an arsenal of protections. My understanding is that it is quite advisable to run IMF with ASCU or any other primary protections you employ.

There is a difference between primary protections and secondary protections (anti-malwares and such). There may also be contractural considerations.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

pladecalvo

The concesus appears to be that it is best to have Malfighter in addidtion to ASCU6, because apparently the standalone version of IMF is more powerful and has more features.

Like yourself, I think that if you have ASCU6, that it should be unnecessary to have IMF as well, but I am sure there will be many more opinions on this subject. So for now, it is probably best that you run IMF as well.

Hi pladecalvo,

Please kindly note that Advanced SystemCare Ultimate uses IObit Malware Fighter Engine, but they have big differences as Advanced SystemCare Ultimate is an anti-virus program while IObit Malware Fighter is an anti-malware program. IObit Malware Fighter can be a good complement of Advanced SystemCare Ultimate. So it’s recommended that you use them together for better security.

Thanks for your supporting to IObit! :mrgreen:

Hi Mel

The question has been asked here in the forums many times. The question being,,,"Is it necessary to have IMF if you have ASCU"...

There have been many discussions in this regard and the prevalent opinion is that it is best to also have the standalone IMF in addition to ASCU.

Based on Iobits own description contained in the Key Benefits of ASCU, which state..."Unrivaled Detection Rate and Maximum Protection

No more worries about virus, spyware, adware, hijackers or any other E-threats. Your PC security is guaranteed with the combination of #1 ranked BitDefender antivirus technogly and IObit anti-malware engine. Unmatched detection rate assures you TOP PC security".

I simply voiced my opinion that it should not be necessary to also have IMF in addition to ASCU. I do not believe that ASCU was marketed as secondary protection but as a combined package giving all the advantages of ASC and IMF plus AV, and indeed the Iobit product information supports this view fully.

I think Pladecalvo's question was specific to ASCU and IMF, and he was simply wondering whether it is necessary to have both. I presume that he had also read the Iobit ASCU information on the Iobit product site, which makes it very clear that ASCU should be good enough all by itself.

I agree with you that it is best to have more than one protection program.

Hi Mel

The question has been asked here in the forums many times. The question being,,,"Is it necessary to have IMF if you have ASCU"...

There have been many discussions in this regard and the prevalent opinion is that it is best to also have the standalone IMF in addition to ASCU.

Based on Iobits own description contained in the Key Benefits of ASCU, which state..."Unrivaled Detection Rate and Maximum Protection

No more worries about virus, spyware, adware, hijackers or any other E-threats. Your PC security is guaranteed with the combination of #1 ranked BitDefender antivirus technogly and IObit anti-malware engine. Unmatched detection rate assures you TOP PC security".

I simply voiced my opinion that it should not be necessary to also have IMF in addition to ASCU. I do not believe that ASCU was marketed as secondary protection but as a combined package giving all the advantages of ASC and IMF plus AV, and indeed the Iobit product information supports this view fully.

Aye Scannan :grin:... the question has been asked many times. "Is it necessary to have IMF if you have ASCU"

By Cicely in the post just before this one:

Please kindly note that Advanced SystemCare Ultimate uses IObit Malware Fighter Engine, but they have big differences as Advanced SystemCare Ultimate is an anti-virus program while IObit Malware Fighter is an anti-malware program. IObit Malware Fighter can be a good complement of Advanced SystemCare Ultimate. So it’s recommended that you use them together for better security.
Notice that there is disparity between the two softwares in her post.

Your content:

I simply voiced my opinion that it should not be necessary to also have IMF in addition to ASCU. I do not believe that ASCU was marketed as secondary protection but as a combined package giving all the advantages of ASC and IMF plus AV, and indeed the Iobit product information supports this view fully. Today 22:24
Thanks! I agree that it is marketing!:shock: That's all that is on that page... (that is why that page exisits)!

I never said that ASCU was marketed as secondary protection. It is primary protection... (which is why you also need Secondary protections such as IMF, SAS, Eset,Mbam, SpyBot... etc.)

all the advantages of ASC and IMF plus AV, and indeed the Iobit product information supports this view fully
Pure sales and marketing.:shock:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

[EDIT] by Mel: I will delete this post if it is still there later. If you beat me to it then I will wave the checkered flag and smile!

Reason I'm asking this is that on my laptop I have ASCU6 + IMF (free version) but on the desk top I have ASCU6 + Malwearbytes (paid version). If ASCU has it's own malwear programme I won't bother to renew the licence on the Malwearbytes.

So, as I'm still as confused as I was before we started this...what conclusion have you reached folks? ASCU6 + IMF or ASCU6 standing alone????

Hi pladecalvo, :-D

It is strongly advised by IObit that IMF will be a good companion to ASCU.

IMHO, Cicely's recommendation is not as strong as it should be recommended.

If you ask my opinion, I have posted it many times in the Forum, yes I do suggest/reccommend to use IMF together with ASCU/ASC. (FYI, this is valid as of now.) That's how it is in all of my PC/Laptop configurations. Do you think I would use it in real-time if I was not sure of the extra protection?

In the future, if IObit decides to combine both together, then we will look at it again.

Today, malware protection is not the same in ASC/ASCU and IMF.

One real-time example is the false positives from IMF we see from time to time which we do not see if scanned by ASC/ASCU.

It is better to have them both. The rest is advertisement, strategy, maketing, etc. That's it.

Cheers.

Hi pladecalvo

According to your shown information you should be in a position that gives you the opportunity to compare whether to run ASCU with or without IMF or Mbam.

Cicely (IObit) recommends running ASCU+IMF for optimal protection.

(would be strange if they didn't recommend it) :-)

I use Advanced System Care 6 for taking care of many diverse system settings and I use IMF 1.7 for catching possible malware while browsing the internet or downloading things from USB-sticks

I use MSE (microsoft security essentials) as my antivirus program

Everything works fine by me.

I haven't yet tried ASCU

Cheers

solbjerg

Reason I'm asking this is that on my laptop I have ASCU6 + IMF (free version) but on the desk top I have ASCU6 + Malwearbytes (paid version). If ASCU has it's own malwear programme I won't bother to renew the licence on the Malwearbytes.

So, as I'm still as confused as I was before we started this...what conclusion have you reached folks? ASCU6 + IMF or ASCU6 standing alone????

Hi Placdecalvo

I fully understand your ongoing confusion. As I said in my first post, there have been many opinions.

I think the safest thing you can do is to continue to use IMF in conjunction with ASCU. It would appear that despite the advertising associated with ASCU, that the confidence is not there that ASCU can do as effective a job concerning Malware as IMF can.

Archived