IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC v6 and Outlook 2010 Exchange

AndyAU

Good Morning :smile:,

I am using ASC from version 3 onwards (currently on 6) and always like this software for its easy use, efficiency and lack of bugs. Recently though I have noticed that ASC v6 (maybe the previous versions as well but I dont have them available) with default settings is affecting inadvertently (or so I hope) MS Outlook 2010 connectivity to the exchange mail servers.

After starting outlook and LONG waiting the screen shows (attached) that the exchange server is not available. But upon hitting "Retry" and again LONG waiting the connection is established and everything is fine. Further to that, all this occurs only if exchange mail is setup in outlook as NON-chached (all messages incoming and outgoing on the exchange server).

After lots of installing/reinstalling I am positive that ASC v6 is the culprit. It all starts after the initial ASC scan is done and some changes applied to the registry (I guess). The issue can be treated as nuisance but it is very annoying knowing that without ASC I can have quick and snappy connection to the exchange mail server and with ASC it takes ages to do so:-?.

So far I have tried Win 7 and Win 8, MS Office repair and uninstalling ASC (after the first scan) but no luck. Yes, I can give up ASC completely but as said above I really like the software.

Any suggestions much appreciated:idea:!

Hi AndyAU

Welcome. Sorry you are having a problem. Firstly, please clarify how you are sure that ASC is causing the issue. This will help us to assist you.

You also state that you uninstalled ASC and still the issue exists.

If you believe the issue occurs due to registry changes after you do a scan, you can restore your system to a previous time ( a time before the issue existed). This can be done in the ASC Rescue Centre.

If you have Deep Clean enabled in the Registry Fix settings, I suggest you disable it as it is unnecessary for normal registry optimisation.

Also check your Privacy Sweep and Junk File settings to ensure that you have not selected items which may not suit your setup and requirements.

Hi Andy

My suggestion is to check your settings in privacy to see if any Office setting could be the culprit.

Cheers

solbjerg

Good Morning :smile:,

I am using ASC from version 3 onwards (currently on 6) and always like this software for its easy use, efficiency and lack of bugs. Recently though I have noticed that ASC v6 (maybe the previous versions as well but I dont have them available) with default settings is affecting inadvertently (or so I hope) MS Outlook 2010 connectivity to the exchange mail servers.

After starting outlook and LONG waiting the screen shows (attached) that the exchange server is not available. But upon hitting "Retry" and again LONG waiting the connection is established and everything is fine. Further to that, all this occurs only if exchange mail is setup in outlook as NON-chached (all messages incoming and outgoing on the exchange server).

After lots of installing/reinstalling I am positive that ASC v6 is the culprit. It all starts after the initial ASC scan is done and some changes applied to the registry (I guess). The issue can be treated as nuisance but it is very annoying knowing that without ASC I can have quick and snappy connection to the exchange mail server and with ASC it takes ages to do so:-?.

So far I have tried Win 7 and Win 8, MS Office repair and uninstalling ASC (after the first scan) but no luck. Yes, I can give up ASC completely but as said above I really like the software.

Any suggestions much appreciated:idea:!

Thank you for quick response!

Using ASC I have performed "System restore" and indeed problem was solved. The only software affected by "System restore" was ASC, which is confirming that the default ASC settings are indeed affecting Outlook connectivity. Attached are the screenshots of privacy and junk settings of ASC (taken before system restore). I am assuming that privacy sweep for the MS Outlook 2010 should be unticked to avoid the same drama again.

Yes, it is best to keep it disabled. Now you should leave your settings as they are and see if the issue occurs again. If it does not then all is well. If it does, then you can do a restore and then untick privacy sweep for the MS Outlook 2010. This would enable you to identify the exact cause of the issue.

Hopefully all is well and no more action will be necessary.

Archived