IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC Pro 6 made my Ultrabook chrash

Aramus

Hey,

I am using an Asus S56 Ultrabook with an 24 GB SSD (Express Cache). Since I used your Tool, my Ultrabook doesn´t find the SSD and works very slow. How can I reactivate the old settings? I uninstalled your tool, and refreshed Win8, so I got no reset-points.. HELP ME DAFUQ, your tool has made my Ultrabook a UltraSLOWbook

Hi Aramus

Welcome. Please clarify why you believe ASC made your machine crash. You have not given any information as to what you did that caused the problem.

Additionally you say.."Since I used your Tool, my Ultrabook doesn´t find the SSD and works very slow". Which would indicate that your machine booted again and you ran ASC.

You have also posted today in ASC 5 forum in a thread dealing with Defragment issues. Do you have a defrag issue as well ??.

You have now uninstalled ASC and refreshed (what does refreshed mean) windows, so it is difficult to analyse the issue now.

In order for us to assist you, Please clarify your problem exactly and explain what you did when the issue occurred.

I just used your Tool, the Pro Version, used all fuctions i think. Now my Windows starts and shuts down in ca. 5 minutes. To refresh a Windows 8 means all apps except my own documents get reseted. Before I used your Tool the Ultrabook started like Ultrabooks usually do in about 10 seconds. I just wanna know what your Tool did to my SSD and how I can undo this.

If you used all ASC functions, then Disc Clean is one of the functions, so it is possible that the slow start was due to the disc scan performing repair on restart. If you have reset all your settings, then everything should be running as per windows default. Did you try a systemrestore to a time before your problem began. Refreshing windows should not have removed all your restore points.

What is the status of your machine now.... is it booting up correctly...does it still crash...do you have ASC on your machine,,, Please answer my question regarding defrag

It is bootin up correctly in 5 Minutes.. so way too long. I know it is defragging something at the beginning, but its ALWAYS starting this slow. Some people told me that your tool overwrites the SSD-Cache-Config, so that Windows 8 won´t use it as a cache as it is supposed to be used.

oh and i deleted asc

I do not know if it is maybe a language issue, but it is very difficult to get information from you.

You say your machine is booting up after 5 minutes but you know it is defragging something at the beginning. How do you knowit is defragging something??? does it show a message/warning/report???

What program is performing the defragging???

Do you have ASC on your machine still???

Did you try a system Restore ???

We will help as best we can, but we need the information in order to do that.

ASC was defragging once at the beginning (I think after this the slow startup began). Now it just boots win8 and needs 5 minutes to show me login-screen. System restore doesn´t work as I tried the Win8-built-in-reinstall. Win8 was completely new installed, no ASC, no restore-points, but all Windows-Updates and Driver-Updates. Nothing... But it still takes HOURS to start.

It sounds like it was doing a boottime defrag. This would not cause an issue if it was allowed to complete its task.

If you have reinstalled W8 and ASC is not on the machine, then the slow startup must be due to something else, such as W8 defaullt settings.

I would recommend that you do a clean reinstall of ASC 6. Do not run a scan. Go to settings and disable Deep Clean in Registry Fix. Click apply and ok.

Select Expert Mode and untick all the functions. Then select Malware Removal, run the scan, note the result and allow it to perform repair if required.

Untick Malware function and tick and run Registry fix. Repair if required. Untick this and run Privacy Sweep and then Junk Files cleanand repair if required.

Now see if there is any improvement in your machine.

Done all of this, Maleware Scan found nothing, the rest found some little problems. Repaired everything, STILL NO FASTER BOOT (My Clock says 4:45 Minutes)

Maybe doing the boottime-defrag a second time -this time correct- will fix the problem?

That is interesting. I wonder if Iobit are aware of this.

With regard to your issue. I think it is now an issue with the Azus Express Cache utility, resulting from the reinstallof windows 8.

I suggest you look at this link as it deals with a similar problem.

Obviously your system is not seeing the 24 Gb mSATA ssd.

how old is your machine. Is it an OEM installation or a paid version of w8.

There are somany possible configurations for setting up the machine. The SSD can be set as the boot drive for instant start or it can be simply for caching for fast restart.

If you run system information from the ASC toolbox, does it see the SSD.

It may be worth also running Disc Scan in ASC expertmode, and repairing if required. remember that when you reboot that it will perform work/repairs, so allow it to complete and do not interfere with the process.

There is very little info for your machine, and I wonder if it is still under warranty, it may be worth going back to where you bought it and get them to check the settings.

This link may give you some ideas also. I am sorry I cannot think of any other suggestions at this point. Hopefully some other user may haver some ideas. I know Toppack has done a lot of work on SSD's, so maybe he may have some ideas.

I bought it at the 25th of October last year. It´s the OEM-Version of Win8. System Information only finds a 465 GB Harddrive (HDD I think) the DVD-Volume and an SATA AHCI Controller. I can upload the System Information Report if you could need it.. But I don´t think it finds the SSD. I will do Discscan now while I am sleeping.

Hi Aramus... welcome here!

I bought it at the 25th of October last year. It´s the OEM-Version of Win8. System Information only finds a 465 GB Harddrive (HDD I think) the DVD-Volume and an SATA AHCI Controller. I can upload the System Information Report if you could need it.. But I don´t think it finds the SSD. I will do Discscan now while I am sleeping.

System Information only finds a 465 GB Harddrive (HDD I think)

A clear picture of your machine may be made and shared by running Piriform's Speccy and sharing the result. Piriform is a higly respected software by an excellent programmer. You will find Speccy here... the free version will do. See what drives it detects and how they are configured. Please post the results.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and Prosper!

Your ssd is a cache coupled with your HDD and is used to speed up perfprmance and bootime, so as such it may not be seen as a seperate drive. Your problem now is that your express Cache software is not working. This is probably as a result of your reinstall of windows.

Did you get Caching software with your machine. If so it may need to be reinstalled. Please see this link which may help.

What do you mean by "But why does ExpressCache not find my SSD as it tells me"... What does it tell you??? is ExpressCache issuing a message.warning...if so what does it say.

Did you have to load ExpressCache again after you reinstalled windows.???

My understanding is that w8 should automatically recognise the SSD cache, as it is coupled to the harddrive.

You should be seeing an improvement in your performance and boottime. It does not happen immediately, but improves with each boot. as the system learns which programs you use most and holds them in the ssd cache.

This link will give you more info.

Archived