IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Time Travel? Issue with sheduled running of program

promytius

This was a strange one. I installed the trial version and set it to run at 2:00am I really like the program. I then installed the full version. Then I noticed that the program was running at 4:00 in the afternoon! It took a while to figure this out; since both programs were running, I was getting a 2:00am run, but also a 4pm run from the full version. I noticed the icon for the free version was still on the desktop and realized then that might be the source of the error. I uninstalled the free and fixed it.

Advice: if you get the full version, delete the free before you start out, and you'll be better off!

Comments are welcomed!

:D

Nope - got the details wrong

:?

I have the free version on another pc. There is NO auto schedule in the free version! So why was there a check running at 4? I don't know. Maybe having both installed was making some dll file go a little crazy. I'll monitor it and report any other wierdness, but so far deleting the free version seems to have fixed it... I think...

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh? I think maybe the schedule task is created by the old version of AWC. And please notice that there are two tasks jobs. One is "Auto Scan&Care", the other is "Auto Update". Also, please take a look at the command line, you will find which program is related to this tasks.

thanks!

I have reset both of those, I have removed the older program and now the program is working fine. :D

I have to say I am shocked at how many registry errors it finds every time it runs! Is XP that bad at handling its own routines? Wow.

Finally, I did want to comment that I notice that the virus checking software for Outlook (F-Secure used by charter.com) sometimes freezes the computer if it runs overnight. I tried adjusting the run time for your program, but since the virus checker runs whenever an email arrives with an attachment, I decided to just shut Outlook down overnight, and no more freezes.

Great program, I don't know how I got along without it before. It's the equivalent of a microwave in the kitchen - how could anyone live without it - same for your program! :!:

Archived