IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Possible reference for Malware removal.

doncobb

I just upgraded from 6 to 6 Ultimate because I have one of those bugs that changes my home page to another search engine, again and again and again. I thought upgrading to Ultimate would root this thing out. I emailed tech support but haven't heard back from them. I asked them why this software couldn't handle such a common problem. Anyone have any suggestions? If I have to buy other software, I'm not going to be happy. This supposedly has antivirus and antimalware and I'm tired of changing my homepage back to Google again and again. Thanks.

About search engine changes to my computer...

I paid $29.95 for ASC6, then another $19.95 to upgrade to Ultimate because ASC6 wasn't getting all the bugs out. Now I see some guy named SuperDave directing posters to download OTHER software to solve problems like mine. Are you serious? I paid $50 and you can't even remove simple bots like this one that hijacks my search engine over and over? Will someone reply please? I couldn't reply to the SuperDave thread because this forum said I didn't have permission. Before I demand a refund, I'd like someone to explain how I can get this software, ASC6 Ultimate, to work. Thanks.

Does ASC-6 change your HomePage?:shock:

If not, what software did it?

There may be a utility in ASC that can disable that Process,

but I don't know of one?

Since ASC does not change any of the Browser config settings,

that I know of.:?

Which Browser are you using?

I think you will need to do it using a utility like 'Security Process Manager',

if 'Internet Options', in the Browser 'Tools' pull-down-menu, won't do it. (that's in IE type Browser)

Now I see some guy named SuperDave directing posters to download OTHER software to solve problems like mine.

Do you expect him to make a house call from Canada for free??? Of course he will advise you to install cleaning softwares and uninstall derisive softwares! SuperDave is a MS accredited professional at Malware removal! It is a luxury that he is even here. Not to mention the work that he does elsewhere! I will show you if you ask!http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11193&d=1357868171

Now to this issue:doncobb

I've still got bugs!

I just upgraded from 6 to 6 Ultimate because I have one of those bugs that changes my home page to another search engine, again and again and again. I thought upgrading to Ultimate would root this thing out. I emailed tech support but haven't heard back from them. I asked them why this software couldn't handle such a common problem. Anyone have any suggestions? If I have to buy other software, I'm not going to be happy. This supposedly has antivirus and antimalware and I'm tired of changing my homepage back to Google again and again. Thanks.

I advise that there is not information posted, but a prevalence of miscontent.

What is (are) your browser(s) as you have not bothered to tell us!:shock:

Perhaps you also may need to open a thread there... but I don't think so. Please slow down and quit buying things.:-D

Please also quit bashing... we are all volunteers here!:wink:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi doncobb,

As Toppack has mentioned above, please kindly inform us more detailed information:

What browser's home page has been changed, and what page has the homepage been changed to?

And could you send the screenshot of the issue so that we can check it clearly?

Guide for taking screenshot:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Thank you in advance.

I paid $29.95 for ASC6, then another $19.95 to upgrade to Ultimate ...... I paid $50....

Hi doncobb, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

The price of ASC Pro is 14.77 USD. HERE

60px_3_ASC_boxshot_v6_4.pngAdvanced SystemCare PRO v6 (3 PCs with EBook) Provides an always-on and automated, all-in-one PC care service with anti-spyware, privacy protection, performance tune-ups and system cleaning functions.

Electronic 1 14.77 USD 14.77 USD spacer.gif?20120702184635Bundle content: Windows Tweaks Guide eBook 1 Advanced SystemCare PRO for 3 PCs(v6) 1

The billing currency is USD ($)

Subtotal: 14.77 USD

Total price: 14.77 USD

You must have missed the below quote when buying ASC Ultimate since you had a license for ASCPro. HERE

Are you an Advanced SystemCare PRO user? Please enter your license code to redeem a bigger discount!

If the existing code had been entered, the result should have been:

Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 - 1yr, 3PC Electronic 1 9.99 USD 9.99 USD

Total price: 9.99 USD

So the total cost (you could have) is : 24.76 USD.

Cheers.

No, I didn't see any reference to the $9.99 discount.

And frankly, I've been buying software for 20 years and have never purchased a product that didn't do it's job. Asking me for screenshots and which browser? It doesn't matter which browser. My point is that something in my computer keeps changing my homepage back to it's desired search page. I posted that address in my first email to tech support. These bots aren't rocket science. I've had them before, but the software I used to use always removed them.

As far as the guy who is freaking out because he senses attitude in my post: If the only tech support ASC has are volunteers, then I really did purchase the wrong software. I already emailed tech support. I haven't heard from them. It lists its "Support" as these forums, as well. Would you kindly point me to where the real tech support is, please? Yes, I'm angry that I even have to type the first post to complain here. I expect a product that claims to be antivirus and antimalware to do its job. This product isn't doing that. I apologize to the volunteers here. I'm not asking for volunteer help. I was trying to contact tech support. If you're a volunteer and are offended because a customer is pissed off that he suspects he's been ripped off, perhaps you might consider not replying at all. Just my thoughts. Thanks for all the help so far.

60px_3_ASC_boxshot_v6_4.pngAdvanced SystemCare PRO v6 (3 PCs with EBook) Provides an always-on and automated, all-in-one PC care service with anti-spyware, privacy protection, performance tune-ups and system cleaning functions.

Electronic 1 14.77 USD 14.77 USD spacer.gif?20120702184635Bundle content: Windows Tweaks Guide eBook 1 Advanced SystemCare PRO for 3 PCs(v6) 1

You must have missed the below quote when buying ASC Ultimate since you had a license for ASCPro. HERE

Cheers.

quote:

"Are you an Advanced SystemCare PRO user? Please enter your license code to redeem a bigger discount!"

unquote.

If the existing code had been entered, the resuld should have been:

No, I didn't see any reference to the $9.99 discount.

It is explained in my previous post as the quote above and if you have a license for ASC Pro, the buying ASC Ultimate for 9.99USD link is given as " HERE ".

See the attached images.

Since you are not asking for volunteer help, as per your request, the real tech support as far as I understand from your describtion is support@iobit.com, and also Cicely from IObit Support Team who also has asked your browser.

For your information, IObit doesn't rip off customers! This wording is extremely unfair to IObit!

Have a nice day.

You already have Iobit tech support here as well as us volunteers.:shock: It is unfortunate that you didn't bother to learn this before you posted.

I am curious why you are so hateful? (throwing anger about here to the ones who are trying to help)

If you would only slow down enough to recieve the support. At this point we aren't even talking about solving the issue because we are responding to your displaced aggression.:shock:

Do you want it to be fixed or not??

Is it a refund that you want?

In many ways, the volunteers here can assist you more than the Iobit staff.:shock:

Get a grip on your emotions doncobb, and post logically so that we can assist!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

As far as the guy who is freaking out because he senses attitude in my post: If the only tech support ASC has are volunteers, then I really did purchase the wrong software. I already emailed tech support. I haven't heard from them. It lists its "Support" as these forums, as well. Would you kindly point me to where the real tech support is, please? Yes, I'm angry that I even have to type the first post to complain here. I expect a product that claims to be antivirus and antimalware to do its job. This product isn't doing that. I apologize to the volunteers here. I'm not asking for volunteer help. I was trying to contact tech support. If you're a volunteer and are offended because a customer is pissed off that he suspects he's been ripped off, perhaps you might consider not replying at all. Just my thoughts. Thanks for all the help so far.
"I already emailed tech support. I haven't heard from them."

Hi doncobb,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are trying our best to help you out of problem as soon as possible. Before we give you an accurate solution, we do need the detailed information.

Besides, if you have sent mail to our support center, we will reply to you as soon as possible.

Your kindly understanding will be highly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

BTW you're wrong about an imaginary $14.77 charge...

FYI I was just charged AGAIN another $29.95 for ASC Pro 6. I've complained and I expect a refund immediately but my point is that I never paid $14.77 for ASC. I paid 29.95 which is why they billed me a second time for that amount. Please don't try to minimize this or be dishonest about what I paid. I know what I paid. I paid $29.95 and then I paid for the upgrade to Ultimate.

The arrogance of your reply, insisting I paid only $14.77 is absurd. I think it's interesting that ASC has billed me another $29.95 yesterday. Perhaps it was just so that I could straighten you out about your misinformation. I never paid $14.77. I paid $29.95, plus the upgrade, like I said originally.

And yes, I'm annoyed at my experience with ASC. It was bad enough to find that after paying the original $29.95 plus the $19.95 to upgrade to Ultimate I found that ASC Ultimate doesn't remove all my bots. But then to be billed an additional $29.95 yesterday has really just made me unhappy...and rightly so. All of this experience adds up to bad business practices.

If you're just a forum poster, you need not bother to reply again. Your information has been incorrect so far and now I'm just interested in getting refunded the $29.95 I was billed yesterday. I'm pretty sure a forum poster can't handle any refunds for me.

Cheers yourself, < Edit >

Cheers.

Send a Private Message (PM) to Cicely

I have deleted your aggressive comment. I understand you are upset but we do not speak in that way here on the forum

Please don't try to minimize this or be dishonest about what I paid. I know what I paid. I paid $29.95 and then I paid for the upgrade to Ultimate.

The arrogance of your reply, insisting I paid only $14.77 is absurd......

At no time is enoskype trying to "minimize this or be dishonest about what you paid" or "insisting that you only paid $14.77"

enoskype quoted prices that were listed on the IObit website, those prices are what you should have paid, if you were charged more it is not the fault of enoskype

And, there is certainly no arrogance in the reply from enoskype

enoskype is the Mediator here on the forum and is it's longest serving member. enoskype along with solbjerg and samr (semi-retired) built this forum and have spent years helping it's members. They are volunteers not employees of IObit

I suggest you send a Private Message to Cicely or contact IObit Support directly

I also strongly suggest that when you post in this forum you have a friendlier attitude toward those members who are giving their time and energy and trying to help you.

....I'm pretty sure a forum poster can't handle any refunds for me.....

You are correct, as stated in the thread FORUM USAGE GUIDELINES - Read this first

Note: This forum does not sell IObit products or issue licenses, and so, this forum does not have the ability or responsibility to fix payment problems or offer refunds or re-issue a license code

Cicely is a member of the IObit Support Team and can help with your problem when you supply the relevant information but for security reasons this should be done via a Private Message not posted in the forum.

Help from Cicely is a bonus for our forum members

Please read FORUM USAGE GUIDELINES - Read this first and epecially these 2 sections

Purpose of this forum

This forum is for the explanation of and assistance with IObit software.

Please remember, the members and Administrators/Moderators of this forum are volunteers who would like to help if they can but they are not employees of IObit. Plus we all live in various places around the world so a reply might not come immediately.

If you have purchased the Pro version of IObit software then you are entitled to contact IObit Online Support for assistance

What we can't help with

Note: This forum does not sell IObit products or issue licenses, and so, this forum does not have the ability or responsibility to fix payment problems or offer refunds or re-issue a license code

For help with payment problems & refund request complete the form @ IObit Support - Online Feedback

If you require a re-issue of a license code you can get a copy sent to your email address @ IObit - Retrieve License

For assistance with issues other than the use of the software have a look at the IObit Support FAQ first, if you can't find the answer in the FAQ then contact IObit Support

You can also send an email to support@iobit.com

All the best, woz of oz

Archived