IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How to remove File Shredder from my System?

halxion

After trying other shredding software on linux in a VM and using another program on windows, I have come to the conclusion that the Iobit File Shredder is <s>extremely</s> painfully slow at deleting files (even a single pass) while these other programs are more efficient even when using multiple passes.

For this reason I would like to use a separate stand alone shredder but keep the rest of ASC. Which brings me to my question: how can I remove the File shredder (the program itself and from the shell context menu) without uninstalling ASC? (I'm thinking simply deleting the .exe from the program folder, but I think there may be keys left behind in the registry)

Although it is pointless!?!?!

Hi halxion,

I don't see any point removing File Shredder from ASC, just don't use it!

If you insist that you don't want to see and start File Shredder when you click on the link in Toolbox, please follow the procedure for temporarily stopping it from running.

Deleting the exe file will not be a solution, as it will be recreated.

-Copy and paste notepad.exe from C:\Windows\system32 to C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare Ultimate folder.

- Rename Suc13_FileShredder.exe to SucC1_13_FileShredder.exe

- Rename notepad.exe to Suc13_FileShredder.exe and make it Read-only from the right-click menu Properties.

- Open English.lng file in C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare Ultimate\Toolbox_Language

- Delete the red parts and leave empty after "=" sign as shown below and save the the English.lng file.

[Toolbox_M]

M_FileShredder_Name=File Shredder

M_FileShredder_Desc=Makes sure that no data theif can get his hands on your sensitive data.

- Restart your PC.

File Shredder will not start if you clik on the icon in Toolbox of ASC.

If you ask me, ALL is pointless. :???:

You can revert back to original following the procedure reversely.

Cheers.

enoskype, maybe you misunderstood me... I do not want to see it everytime I right-click a file - I would like it completely gone from the context menu, I do not care if the File Shredder still appears on the toolbox section.

Pic related.

Which brings me to my question: how can I remove the File shredder (the program itself and from the shell context menu) without uninstalling ASC? (I'm thinking simply deleting the .exe from the program folder, but I think there may be keys left behind in the registry)

Hi halxion,

I have forgotten to include context menu part in my previous post.

Thanks Damned! :wink:

Cheers.

Archived