IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Concerned!!

Melvin_Deal

Why are you concerned Mel?

Toppack was in the Forum about 12 hours ago!

In fact, I am really concerned about Mr Bean, Ted, and titou56 .

I have wondered about them too! solbjerg

Cheers.

Yep, I've been 'checkin-In' regularly. ;-)

Everything is going Great here, with no problems,

and since I've not been upgrading to the latest beta versions lately,

I did not think it was 'proper' for me to try to help with the ones I'm not familiar with yet. :idea:

I'm sure that will be true 'even More' in the future, since I'll also not be upgrading to W-8 anytime soon.

I've been wondering about those guys also!

I hope it was not my attempts it Jokes that ran them off. :roll:

My bad!

Glad you are still kicking and present Toppack!!:shock:

Mr. Bean is dead(deceased) I think. I have searched his usernames and he doesn't post anymore... at all... anywhere. :cry:

I most of all appreciated itsmejjj' s posts when there were difficult times in the past!!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

BTW, non of the IObit softwares are at the Beta stage as of now.

Cheers.

Sorry, I consider All New versions to be in 'Beta' ! :roll: :lol:

(no matter what the programmers call them) :wink:

EDIT: I suppose you have changed to Windows 7 when Windows 8 was out! :twisted: :-P :lol:

EDIT: I suppose you have changed to Windows 7 when Windows 8 was out! :twisted: :-P :lol:

Nope, I tried W-7 shortly after it was released, and 'Fell in Love' with it, :grin:

(it has config options that were great)

basicly I went from W-98 directly to W-7, on most of our systems,

since I never liked the changes to File-manager in XP. :-?

(and of course Vista was a failure)

Now Microsoft is doing the Same thing Again with W-8,

making changes that do Not 'Fit our Needs'. :wink:

Ah!!!

As Enoskype points out Toppack... you do run betas (just not Iobit) [by your own definition]..?

Just because the softwares (any by any publisher or issuer) don't suit your needs as far as implementation and the time/pay/cost to update... doesn't mean that they are "beta" ???

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. I must not understand???

Mel

I think what Toppack is saying is that, sometimes software is released as final, simply by virtue of the manufactyrer deciding that it is good enough and implements a slimple name change from Beta to Final, even though itis still obvious that there are still many bugs which have not been resolved in the Beta trials.

This is probably done for marketing/revenue reasons.

So, Toppack will continue to call them Beta, until the bugs have been solved, rather than call them final just because the Manufacturer says so, and I must say that I agree with him.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-computer012.gif

Mel

I think what Toppack is saying is that, sometimes software is released as final, simply by virtue of the manufactyrer deciding that it is good enough and implements a slimple name change from Beta to Final, even though itis still obvious that there are still many bugs which have not been resolved in the Beta trials.

This is probably done for marketing/revenue reasons.

So, Toppack will continue to call them Beta, until the bugs have been solved, rather than call them final just because the Manufacturer says so, and I must say that I agree with him.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-computer012.gif

You Got It, Perfectly!8:)

Hi Toppack

Right!

BUT in a sense a program will only become truly final when no more work or support is being done to it any more :-)

For example my compiling of an English↔Danish dictionary will only be final when I stop adding words or other refinements to it (which will occur when I die) then perhaps somone else will continue the work or an even better dictionary will emerge - equivalent of a new version. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

You Got It, Perfectly!8:)

Hi Toppack

Right!

BUT in a sense a program will only become truly final when no more work or support is being done to it any more :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Very True,

So, it is usually a

'Is it good Enough to Fit My Needs' type thing,

that determines when a user should Install it. :-D

Hi Toppack

I am totally with you there!! :-)

(Perhaps Windows X (roman numeral) will be good and will replace my XP - which has reached the end of it's Service Packs and only has 1 year left to run before the updates will stop supporting that OS :-) )

Cheers

solbjerg

Very True,

So, it is usually a

Very True,

So, it is usually a

Hi Toppack...

If this were the case then you wouldn't have been running the Win8 beta, then making a statement that you don't run betas??:shock:

It would seem that you pass judgement on one and not the other??

You don't trust Iobit softwares.

Thats O.K.

I am most curious as to why you post here??? I don't think you are really learning much here as you are quite knowledgeable. I am most curious??

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

One of my Many hobbies is visiting websites, like this one,

and stiring-up lively-debates, like this one,

and of course helping with problems, when I can. :wink:

Formerly, doing Beta-testing was one of my hobbies also,

but I recently found that I could no longer dedicate the time and a computer or two to

that time and equipment consuming process. :?

Since there is no-way I would use our main systems for software or hardware testing.

I realize it's Not as much Fun, but we now have to rely on others to do some of that testing for us. :lol:

Thank you for this Toppack.

Thank you for continuing to be constructive here and inducing lively debates!!

I realize it's Not as much Fun, but we now have to rely on others to do some of that testing for us.
I understand.:wink:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

One of my Many hobbies is visiting websites, like this one,

and stiring-up lively-debates, like this one,

and of course helping with problems, when I can. :wink:

Formerly, doing Beta-testing was one of my hobbies also,

but I recently found that I could no longer dedicate the time and a computer or two to

that time and equipment consuming process. :?

Since there is no-way I would use our main systems for software or hardware testing.

I realize it's Not as much Fun, but we now have to rely on others to do some of that testing for us. :lol:

Archived