IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Thread title change

wozofoz

Hi :smile:

At this moment the thread NEW USER PUBLIC PROFILE POLICY effective on February 01, 2013 GMT±0 hours! has got 340 views

This thread Re: NEW USER PUBLIC PROFILE POLICY effective on February 01, 2013 ! (Changed to Lost in translation ) has got 532 views.

It seems obvious to me that members are viewing This thread to get information on the NEW USER PUBLIC PROFILE POLICY but that is not what they are seeing.

We don't want to distract members from the very important announcement about the changes in the USER PUBLIC PROFILE POLICY and since the main topic here seems to be different interpretations of what is written I have changed the title of the thread to Lost in translation

Hope that's ok with everyone

All the best, woz of oz

EDIT: All posts and replies in this thread are Copied/Moved from Lost in translation thread.

Wozofoz

That is a good idea. Will be less confusing. I see that the New Profile announcement no longer appears at the heading of the page. Maybe itshould be there a while longer in order to direct users there directly.

Oh! and it is good to see you well again.

Wozofoz

That is a good idea. Will be less confusing. I see that the New Profile announcement no longer appears at the heading of the page. Maybe itshould be there a while longer in order to direct users there directly.

Oh! and it is good to see you well again.

The announcement does appear at the top of forum index pages EG: IObit.Com Forums > IObit Security Software > IMF IObit Malware Fighter and search results pages like New Posts

It does not appear at the top of individual topic pages though.

I can't remember if this is normal (I think it is) or if it has changed but enoskype will know the answer for sure :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Cheers Woz

I thought it was also shown on the top of New Posts screen, but I may have been mistaken.

If you click on New Posts in the Top Bar the announcement should appear, it does for me.

FYI:

[noparse]http://forums.iobit.com/search.php?do=getdaily[/noparse]

That is the bookmark I use for this forum, but note:

The address will change to something like [noparse]http://forums.iobit.com/search.php?searchid=1378325[/noparse] and the numbers at the end will change each time so you can't bookmark the page after it's loaded. Bookmark a page then copy/paste the above address into the bookmark

Also, you must tick Remember Me (be automatically logged in) for this to work

That address will give you a list of the posts from the last 24 hours but with a line that reads:

The threads below have not been updated since your last visit or since forums have been marked read.

You can use the ending do=getdaily on many forums with the same results.

All the best, woz of oz

Woz

Thats strange. Everything is as you described. If I click new posts I get the list of posts which have not been read, and I also have no problem getting the last 24hours posts, with the delineation of those read and unread, but I do not have the New Profile Announcement anymore.

This is why I was unsure as to whether it had ever been there, but was more inclined to think it was there up to yesterday.

Hi Scannan,

Reset Views Counter to ZeroThe read status determines if an announcement is displayed on the "New Posts" and "Today's Posts" searches. Once an active announcement is viewed, it no longer will display on these searches for the user. When this option is set to yes, it resets the status of the announcement for all users so that they will see it as a new announcement again.

That's what is says but the behaviour could be different for different member groups.

After choosing Yes, next time the choice is at No.

The weird thing is that, it was same for me as you described, but after reseting, for me, it behaves since then like wozofoz says. :-o

Cheers.

Thank you for the feedback Enoskype.

I agree that the description quoted would seem to suggest that what I am experiencing is correct.

It is a bit strange, that it can appear the other way also ( as per Woz).

It is no big deal. As long as the users get to see it displayed at least once, that should hopefully be enough.

Archived