IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Ram settings

Immaculens

I'm sure I recall a time in the past where Smart Ram had more customization options to it.

In its current incarnation - it has "On/Off" for both "Smart Free" and "Auto Free"

but back in the old days, Smart Ram allowed options to change those features... now we don't even know what those features mean except you can turn them on or off.

If there are options and a description of each - please point me to it and disregard the above ;-)

Edit: I see a brief description of each when I mouse-over them

Hi Immaculens,

As you have mentioned in your edit, on top of the hover over hints, there are 3 more options in the Settings, but I don't recall any other option in Smart Ram.

If you remember that there were more, please give me hint. If you mean former description part, I can't remember what was the context.:?

Cheers.

Hi Immaculens,

As you have mentioned in your edit, on top of the hover over hints, there are 3 more options in the Settings, but I don't recall any other option in Smart Ram.

If you remember that there were more, please give me hint. If you mean former description part, I can't remember what was the context.:?

Cheers.

yes I'm going back a few yrs to perhaps version 1 (now 3) when you could customize when Auto-Free would activate.

I don't recall actually if "Smart-Free" was available back then.

Smart Ram reminds me of one other little ram cleaning tool called FreeRam XP Pro http://download.cnet.com/FreeRAM-XP-Pro/3000-2086_4-10070530.html

The main reason I posted was that it would be a nice addition if customers were told under what variables does Smart Ram kick-in and clean your ram.

A previous version allowed you to set when it cleaned - like if you only had 100mb of ram free - it would do an auto-clean.

Archived