IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Crash dump initialization failed (solved!)

Hans Lodder

Hi!

I performed a fresh install of Win8 Pro with UEFII enabled, as well as Secure Boot, and GPT. From the 1st time Win8 came up, it logged an event message id 46: Crash dump initialization failed. Running "sfc /scannow" in an elevated command window solved it. :-D More info here:

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/19795-crash-dump-initialization-failed.html

The reason I mention it here is, because if I allow IObit Smart Defrag v2.7 to defrag the system files at startup, the problem returns immediately, and if I disable the startup defragging, the error goes away.

Maybe you can comment on this, or have some suggestion to make?

Kind regards,

Hans Lodder

Hi Hans Lodder, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

Thank you for your feedback here, I will make sure that IObit is aware of the problem "Crash dump initialization failed" related to startup (Boot Time) defrag of Smart Defrag 2.7.

Although there is defrag function in ASC with SD engine and without startup defrag option, and since Smart Defrag 2.7 is a stand alone program, you may want to edit your post in eight forums as it is understood there that Smart Defrag 2.7 is part of ASC.

"Then I enabled again the Advance System Care Defrag program. This was disabled by sfc. The error immediately returned. Disabling immediate helped."

And also,

The reason I mention it here is, because if I allow ASC Smart Defrag v2.7 to defrag the system files at startup, the problem returns immediately, and if I disable the startup defragging, the error goes away.

Thank you and cheers.

Hi Hans,

Sorry for the delay. :oops:

Please kindly follow the instructions below to find minidump file.

Double click Computer on the desktop -> Double click C -> Double click Windows -> Find Minidump folder there. -> Zip the folder and send it to us for further check.

Thank you in advance.

No dump file

Hi Cicely!

In Win 8 Pro /UEFI/ Secure boot / GPT I am unable to generate any dump file.

Besides that, the error message I reported suggests there will never be a dump file, because initialization at startup fails.

So:

Please kindly follow the instructions below to find minidump file.

Double click Computer on the desktop -> Double click C -> Double click Windows -> Find Minidump folder there. -> Zip the folder and send it to us for further check.

No dump file here, nor in any other location.

As I mentioned in my originalpost, this is just an information message. Disabling IObit Defag solved my problem.

Kind regards, hans

EDIT: Thanks for editing the name of IObit Smart Defrag in your post in EIGHTForums and in post #1 here.

Archived