IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Adblock Plus, ASC and LinkedIn

safpol

Firefox 19.0

Adblock Plus 2.2.3 extension

Advanced SystemCare Surfing Protection 1.0 extension

I have been struggling with LinkedIn on one of my PCs and have now narrowed it down to some sort of conflict between ABP on FF and Advanced System Care Ultimate 6. I have 3 machines and the problem is only on the ones with ASC 6 installed.

The LinkedIn homepage should have a "Share an update..." box and Share button at the top of the page. On my machines with ABP installed but ASC not installed there is no issue. On the machine with both ABP and the ASC Surfing Protection extention installed:

with ABP ennabled and ASC disabled, or

with ABP disabled and ASC enabled, or

with each of ABP and ASC enabled

- the Share an update box and button are missing - the header part of the web page doesn't load at all.

Only if BOTH the ABP and ASC extensions are disabled then the LinkedIn page loads properly. Javascript is enabled on all my machines. I have unchecked all LinkedIn blocks in the ABP filters, but it had no effect. I have posted this on the ABP forum as well - ABP is the only extension in quite a long list which is unhappy co-existing with ASC.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have to retract my comments about ASC6. It looks as though I didn't test it as well as I should have.

I have the LinkedIn page problem on a machine with ABP and which does not have ASC (and never did have).

So my problem is purely with ABP and not for this forum. ASC is great!

Hi safpol http://forums.iobit.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Thank you for your feedback - nice to see a fellow with integrity!!

Cheers

solbjerg

I have to retract my comments about ASC6. It looks as though I didn't test it as well as I should have.

I have the LinkedIn page problem on a machine with ABP and which does not have ASC (and never did have).

So my problem is purely with ABP and not for this forum. ASC is great!

Archived