IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC Ultimate's Uninstaller tool deleted ALL FILES in partition D:

Good evening IObit team,

Having been a happy ASC Free user for severall years, yesterday I took the step to return my gratitude and buy ASC Ultimate from the IObit website, after restoring my laptops' C: drive to the original settings. I took this measure after a test-year without using ASC free and using Win7 tools only instead, which left me with a buggy OS, and bought your ultimate suite hoping that it would help me keep Win7 running smoothly and prevent taking such a drastic measure in a nearby future.

After formatting the C: drive and leaving a secondary partition D: untouched with all my personal and work files, I made the sad mistake of using the Uninstaller tool to make advanced deletion of several bloatware that came with my ASUS notebook.

I managed to delete several applications without any problem coming up but when I finally deleted the last one, Adobe Air, the Unistaller tool deleted ALL FILES in partition D: This partition included thousands of personal and work files, many of which I had no backup for.

It was definitely my mistake to make such a big cleanup without backing up those files while presuming they were safe in a separate partition but now I am also left feeling that it was a huge mistake to trust IObit and pay for the Ultimate suite.

I also noticed there are other threads reporting the same bug in 2012, so would you be so kind to explain why hasn't this product been removed from the paid suite and what will you do about this issue to prevent further damages to users.

ASC Ultimate Purchase Information:

Reference: 15928959

Payment: Visa/MasterCard/Eurocard

Date/time: 2013-03-03 04:29:14

Total paid: 59,35 BRL

Deletion log is to big to attach.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Sincerely,

Tiago Figueiredo

Hi TiagoFigueiredo

Welcome. I am sorry to hear you are having a problem.

It appears that this is a very recent issue, so you should try the Undelete tool in the Toolbox to see if you can recover your files.

Please be aware, that the more work you do on your pc, the bigger the risk that you will overwrite the deleted files, and they will be unrecoverable.

You could also try a system restore to a time before your files were deleted.

I also recommend that you contact Iobit directly regarding this issue. You can reference this thread in your email if you wish. You can email them at:

support@iobit.com

Hi Scannan

Thanks for your reply. I had tried what you sugested but had no luck either. System restore did restore the C: drive to right before the deletion, but didn't restore a single file on D:

To be honest, considering we're talking of nearly 200GB of deleted files, I'm really not expecting a miracle solution. The only reason I decided to post this message on the forum is because I realised this very same problem happened before with the very same tool and - still - IObit decided to continue its distribution. By posting this, I'm simply hoping they sort this issue out and warn other users of the dangers of using this unstable tool.

In any case, thanks for your kind reply. I will contact IObit directly.

Regards,

I had my doubts that Systen Restore would help, as it is not designed for that task. I was hoping that it may have restored the filetable for D: and allow you to access the files.

The files on D: may stll be present, and there are other tools such as Recuvva which may be able to recover them. It wold definitely be worth searching the web. The files really should be recoverable. Maybe the entire D: partition can be recovered.

I agree with you that Iobit need tolook at this, and hopefully they may have a solution for you.

Hi Scannan,

Still waiting to hear from IObit. I've sent them the log file.

In the meantime I will have a go at your suggestions and report back with the results. Regardless of whether they work or not, and I rather not hold on to any expectations that they may, still I really appreciate your efforts, so thank you very much once again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Scannan,

Sorry it has taken a while to respond. I've been working late hours and have had little time at home to come back.

I spent pretty much of the week after the bug trying the software suggested, along other similar ones, including a couple that are supposed to restore files in formatted drives and still had no luck. A very little number of files did turn up (around 300, out of tens of thousands), but more like bits and pieces that didn't even make much sense.

In the end I decided to simply do a complete clean install and and move on, since I have some homework to do that is now well behind schedule and can't delay it anymore.

From my end, you may consider this thread closed. I only hope that IObit will take a serious look at this bug.

Still, once again, thanks for your attention and efforts.

Take care.

Dear TiagoFigueiredo,

We are very sorry for all the inconvenience caused to you.:oops:

Once you report this bug to us, our programmers looked into this issue and released a new version of IObit Uninstaller to solve this bug apart from contacting you for possible solutions to restore your files.

So this bug has already been resolved from the program.

Archived