IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Antivirus Scan by ASC Ultimate takes ages to initialize

Hi,

I'm new to the IObit forum, and would first like to say I love the product. I first purchased ASC Pro, and now purchased the Ultimate 6. That brings me to my question. When I try to scan files downloaded from the internet for viruses I normally scan them with both Microsoft Security Essentials and ASC Ultimate. Where MSE runs through the scan like a bullet train, ASC takes more than one minute to do the first scan. The actual scan is probably as fast as MSE (both under 1 sec for 3GB in 19 files), but it is the initializing of the scan that takes forever. If I'm not wrong, then the initializing of MSE is done during system startup, correct? That's why it looks to me as if there's no initializing, because it's been done automatically at startup. Is it also possible to set ASC to automatically initiate the Antivirus Scan at Windows startup?

As you will probably notice, I'm not very familiar with how virus scanners work, but I'm trying to catch up. So, thanks so much in advance for your help.

Hi prdglivg,

From your definition and the content of your profile, it is understood that you are using 2 (two) anti-virus software programs, e.i. MSE and ASC 6 Ultimate.

It is recommended by security experts that only 1 (one) anti-virus program should be used, as it could interfere with each other for different configurations.

I would recommend to disable one of them when you are using the other.

Please give feedback what is the behaviour of both of the anti-virus programs when the other is turned off or uninstalled.

Cheers.

It is recommended by security experts that only 1 (one) anti-virus program should be used, as it could interfere with each other for different configurations.

I would recommend to disable one of them when you are using the other.

Please give feedback what is the behaviour of both of the anti-virus programs when the other is turned off or uninstalled.

Cheers.

Thanks for your quick response to my question. I've disabled MSE, and notice that the initializing process for ASC is much faster. I did a scan on 65 objects, total 16GB, and it took me 17 sec on the first scan after reboot. 2nd scan again less than 1 sec.

I'll try to disable ASC and run with MSE to see the difference in behavior, but most probably I'll stick to using ASC as my real-time protection.

Thanks again.

Archived