IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows 8 Anti-Spyware Alert

Apparently I have no Anti-Spyware on my system.

Currently I'm using ASC Ultimate 6. I'm using MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and Microsoft Safety Scanner just to scan with.

Can anyone make some suggestions as to how I can satisfy Windows 8 with dome anti-spyware software. Can it run with ASC anti-virus running??

Thanks,

James

Hi James,

Even if you install IMF free, it will satisfy Windows 8 for the existence of an anti-malware/spyware software.

You can install latest available IMF 1.7 from IMF IObit Malware Fighter 1.7 is available! (UPDATED 1228) (UPDATED again 1230) thread, or you can wait for the release of IMF v2, which will be released very soon! (Send Your Feedback for IObit Malware Fighter v2 thread)

Cheers.

I installed it and it did satisfy Windows 8.

But, why didn't Malwarebytes Antimalware satisfy.

Do I need to have IMF run at startup?

Also, how many Antimalware programs do I need? One for virus and one for spyware?

When ASC's antivirus scans it's scanning for viruses and not spyware?

James

OK James, here are the answers!

But, why didn't Malwarebytes Antimalware satisfy.
You should ask that question in their forum. (Probably it is not running real-time not being pro.)
Do I need to have IMF run at startup?

Yes, running IMF at startup of Windows will stop W8 flagging for need of an antispyware program.

Also, how many Antimalware programs do I need? One for virus and one for spyware?

One of each (anti-virus and anti-malware/spyware program) running real time. You can have more anti-spyware programs but using only on demand.

When ASC's antivirus scans it's scanning for viruses and not spyware?

ASC 6 Ultimate includes an anti-virus program running Bitdefender engine and IMF, running IObit's own engine, is a good companion to ASC 6 Ultimate or any other anti-virus program and if IMF Pro is used, it has auto scanning, more protection and real-time protection for malware/spyware. ASC6 Ultimate's light anti-malware function is not as complete and functional as IMF.

FYI, in W8, MSE has both antivirus and antimalware functions and that's how MS designed W8, so not to flag for both (anti-virus and anti-malware/spyware).

Cheers.

We always leave the Firewall and Security programs, provided with Windows, Enabled at All Times,

and also use a second full-coverage security program, to provided better Full-time protection.

Since there are times when one security program will Not have been updated, for the latest malware, and the other may have been.

We have found that all of the latest versions of the programs, we have tried, do Not conflect with each other

but if you have a slow computer you will notice a slight slowdown of Browser, when running more than one full-security program.

(If you find that there is a conflect, then you Need to get a Better Security program) :wink:

Having Both MSE and Another Security program running at same time has worked for us, since we started using W-7,

and has successfully blocked malware on all our systems, which are used extensively for world-wide web-sites.

Your combination is perfectly OK James.

Probable slowing down Toppack mentions is about using more than 1 full fledged anti-virus program (more than one full-security program), of which I would not suggest.

I do agree with using a full time Firewall though (again not more than one).

Cheers.

Probable slowing down Toppack mentions is about using more than 1 full fledged anti-virus program (more than one full-security program)

Yes, the difference is only noticeable with older, Slower computers,

and greatly depends on how complicated the programing of the Website is, that you are accessing. (how many add-ons, links, cookies, etc.)

But even if the Slowdown was Very noticeable, I would opt for the extra security protection. :idea:

Sorry, to disagree but 'I know it Works' great. :mrgreen:

Archived