IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

change computer name

detailer

I would like to change my pc's name and know how to do so through my computer/properties/computer name/change-I see a warning that a change may result in "inability to access network resources"-have researched this for hours with little explanation-within my computers "name" is an alphanumeric string which follows my first name-I assigned my first name at original setup-so is this suffix string something from MS or tied to my copy of WinXP,or specific to the manufacturer? Needless to say, I don't want problems with things such as system restore,ID codes for paid services,updates, and probably a half dozen other things I can't think of presently-anybody out there have anything on this? Oh,and please don't start by asking "why do you want to change your computer's name"-thanks in advance for any help on this one-great day and God bless to all :-?

Archived