IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Start Menu 8 - 1.1 is available! (Updated to 1.1.0.45)

enoskype

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10642Start Menu 8 version 1.1 is available. (Updated to 1.1.0.45 April 26, 2013)

......http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6499&stc=1&d=1292462110

From: MajorGeeks (startmenu-setup.exe Size: 4207 kB) Setup File version: 1.1.0.0 (Updated Size: 4712 KB)

Application File: StartMenu8.exe ( Size: 1505KB, Version: 1.1.0.237, Date: 2013-04-07) (Updated Version : 1.1.0.45, Date: April 25, 2013)

Changelog:

+ Added user manual

+ Added the option to press win key to open metro

+ Added MetroApps and Settings interface in the right pane of the Start menu

+ Added the option to display the number of recently used programs

+ Added Start menu icons

+ Optimized the style of Start menu buttons

+ Optimized the response of Start button

+ Fixed general bugs

Start Menu 8 offers a perfect solution for users who work with Windows Start Menu all the time and are not accustomed to the new Metro start screen in Windows 8.

Features:

More Efficiency and Convenience

Start Menu 8 not only brings back the convenient Start Menu to Windows 8, but also allows you to bypass Metro screen on start of Windows 8 and boot to desktop directly.

Easily Switch between Metro and Desktop interface

You can easily switch between two modes by pressing and holding the Windows key, depending on your preference.

Faster Access to Programs and files

Start Menu 8 brings back Start Menu where you can get quicker access to programs, documents and files, control panel and settings.

Quicker Searching

Unified and instant Searching for both desktop and Metro apps decreases the time taken in Searching and makes your work more efficient.

Customizable to your needs

You can pin programs to Start Menu and Taskbar for quicker access to your favorite programs. It's easily customizable to have everything you need at just one click.

Safe and Secure

IObit Start Menu 8 is safe and secure, and is 100% free of malware.

Cheers.

How i select the option to press win key to open metro,only alt+x is good.:wink:

Hi BDL,

If you are wanting to open Metro by pressing the Win key, you'll need to change a setting within SM8 v1.1.0.237 settings:

Right mouse click on the Start Menu 8 button, then click on Settings;

Click on the General Settings heading; under General listing place a check in the check-box that is named "Left click or press Win key to open Metro"

Click on Apply and/or OK

And now the Win key will open the Metro screen. But be aware: if you use that particular setting you'll no longer be able to access the desktop Start Menu menu's by using the typical and traditional "left clicking" on the Start Button because it too will take you to the Metro screen.

After enabling that setting, to access the Start Button menu's you now need to point and hover the mouse over the Start Button (do not click it) for a second and the menu will pop open.

regards,

Laurence

Hi bdl and LaurenceJ,

bdl, have you set the win key to open metro with the detailed steps from LaurenceJ? If you meet any issues, please do not hesitate to tell us.

And LaurenceJ, you are really impressed on me, for you are always active and warmhearted to help others solve the issues about Start Menu 8. Sincerely thank you. :-D

Hi BDL,

If you are wanting to open Metro by pressing the Win key, you'll need to change a setting within SM8 v1.1.0.237 settings:

Right mouse click on the Start Menu 8 button, then click on Settings;

Click on the General Settings heading; under General listing place a check in the check-box that is named "Left click or press Win key to open Metro"

Click on Apply and/or OK

And now the Win key will open the Metro screen. But be aware: if you use that particular setting you'll no longer be able to access the desktop Start Menu menu's by using the typical and traditional "left clicking" on the Start Button because it too will take you to the Metro screen.

After enabling that setting, to access the Start Button menu's you now need to point and hover the mouse over the Start Button (do not click it) for a second and the menu will pop open.

regards,

Laurence

For "hover" to work Aero Peek has to be enabled which it is by default in W7 and W8. However, some optimizing software gives the user the ability to disable Aero Peek in order to conserve resources and make the system more responsive. If you have done this you will need to re-enable Aero Peek for the hover to work.

You can also change the default hover time from the 1 second default if you wish. Here is one link showing how to I have not verified that the method suggested on the link works. It also involves messing with the Windows Registry which I recommend against unless you are a Windows geek.:-)

Bug in this version

There seems to be a bug in this release. It will not open "Windows Installer advertised shortcuts" unless you right click and select "Open". These are shortcuts that are created by the Windows installer engine and don't have a target path. I assume that is why it won't open them. The older versions did work correctly. For example, it will not open the MS Office shortcuts that are put in the start menu when you install Office.

Just thought I would point this out. I love the program. It is the best free start menu I have found for Windows 8.

Start Menu 8 1.1 setup file updated!

Hi Everybody,

Start Menu 8 - 1.1 setup file is updated to 1.1.0.45 on MajorGeeks servers.

The link is in the first post.

Strange to update from buid number 1.1.0.237 to 1.1.0.45 though! :shock:

Note: I have noticed small changes in the English Language file for Help and Updating.

ATTENTION IObit,

MetroApps and Setting in Setings=>Menu are still not translatable.

[startMenu8_M]

MetroApps_M=MetroApps

Setting_M=Setting

Cheers.

Hi Everybody,

Start Menu 8 - 1.1 setup file is updated to 1.1.0.45 on MajorGeeks servers.

The link is in the first post.

Strange to update from buid number 1.1.0.237 to 1.1.0.45 though! :shock:

Note: I have noticed small changes in the English Language file for Help and Updating.

ATTENTION IObit,

MetroApps and Setting in Setings=>Menu are still not translatable.

[startMenu8_M]

MetroApps_M=MetroApps

Setting_M=Setting

Cheers.

Wait or install ???1.1.0.237 to 1.1.0.45 is bug???

EDIT: Install. I have already done so! The earlier build number might have been wrong.

Hi enoskype and all your guys,

As enoskype said "Strange to update from buid number 1.1.0.237 to 1.1.0.45 though", there should be slight mistakes about the Version Number. But it will not affect the functions or anything else about the Start Menu 8 itself. Please do not worry.

We will be more careful when we release products.

Thanks for all your guys.:-D

Archived