IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How come I´m getting average downloads of 15Mb A day?

How come I´m getting average downloads of 15Mb A day by Automatic database update???? (today 25Mb)..

As of now ASCU already fills up my laptop with 498Mb of data (found) :???:

By using Bitdefender Total Security 2013 on one of my other laptops and looking in the data/definitions it´s not even close to fill up this amount of space...

How come ASCU fills up this amount of space when not even Bitdefender or Norton 360 (full installs) fill up this amount of space..

Greets from Denmark.

BEEING Bigger ;)

@ROY

Thanks mate - Sorry for the late answer - Got shitloads of Work to do and problems to solve.. The 118mb is standard UNINSTAL numbers :)

If you look closely enough on PLUGINS i the progamme map - There you have it... on my laptop Plugins is 384Mb - Total of the programme is 567Mb, without ASCP 498... Still I don´t get it... As of RIGHT NOW 11,2Mb avaits for me to download to ASCU..

Would have embeded an image but can´t figure that one out either :D

Greets from Denmark - Marck D

Ch(A)osproduction Limited

@ROY

The Whole thing of it is that ASCU fills up my laptop with 567Mb

WTF! -

The standard 118mb is in UNISTALL - Not nearly the right size :)

Funny enough this program can tell my biggest file is 85,6Gb on announced 74,6 Gb harddisk....

Still trying to figure it out...

ANYWAY! - In Plugins i got 384Mb under Programmes-Iobit asf.

Hmmmmm????

Thanks ROY for interrupting... :)

Got 567Mb with the ASCpro installed/498 without - Just what the map says ;) But in Iobit antivirus(in programmes) - Plugins, fills up 384Mb as of now...

ALL in all 576Mb - And another 15MB A day coming my way...

Bitdefender 387Mb.

Norton 360 411Mb.

ON my computers ;)

Hi Ch(A)osproduction, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

I have similar figures for ASCU in my Win 8, so it seems normal for ASCU.

Everyday, new database update is added (12-15 MB as you said) but not all of the MBs are added. Some are overwritten.

Did you count the files of ASCU in: C:\Users\User\AppData and C:\ProgramData? There are some KBs there too.:lol:

The database size of ASCU is similar to Bitdefender, but we should not forget that ASCU has a lot of other functions as a full fledged Anti-virus and all-in-one software.

Cheers.

Thanks enoskype 8-)

Just downloaded additional 21,33Mb today :lol:

My favorit place is the "hidden" AppData map where all sorts of leftovers and heeps of crap can be found. Guess thats why Microsoft wants to hide the map :wink:

(the IObit map only fills 11,6Mb. LOL) -

I can easyly agree with you, that ASC is A All-In-One Wonder.

Been using ASC since version 4 and besides Antivirus it´s the second programme I install on A new computer or reformatted system :-)

Thumbs UP all the way :grin:

Still wonder why! the everyday update files are so big though :mrgreen:

Ch(A)osproduction - Marck D

Hi Ch

I use MSE (microsoft security essentials) and every time I update it tells me that the file is more than 66 MB - the download only lasts a second, so it must be downloading only the new items in the definition file - probably only some few KB.

At least one get to know how large the total .def file is :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks enoskype

Just downloaded additional 21,33Mb today

My favorit place is the "hidden" AppData map where all sorts of leftovers and heeps of crap can be found. Guess thats why Microsoft wants to hide the map :wink:

(the IObit map only fills 11,6Mb. LOL) -

I can easyly agree with you, that ASC is A All-In-One Wonder.

Been using ASC since version 4 and besides Antivirus it´s the second programme I install on A new computer or reformatted system :-)

Thumbs UP all the way :grin:

Still wonder why! the everyday update files are so big though :mrgreen:

Ch(A)osproduction - Marck D

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay.

I have forwarded this issue to our programmer and got the reply that there might be a bug about the size of database. Actually, the daily update database size should usually be about 2-3 Mb. The size shown in the pop-up message is overwritten.

Please download the update database to check the actually downloaded update data’s size.

We are sincerely sorry about any confusion caused by this issue. Our product team is working on it by communicating with BitDefender.

Many thanks to all warmhearted friends’ effort to figure this out. Your support to IObit is highly appreciated.

Cheers

Archived