IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced SystemCare 6.2 is available! (New update 0422-April 24, 2013)-(Again updated 0508-May 15, 2013) (Again updated 0517-May 17, 2013)

enoskype

And again,

Please check the first post, ASC 6.2.0.254 (0517) is updated again today May 17, 2013.

1 KB difference between the last setup files.

Cheers.

Forget it for now. Maybe next week. I have a personal limit on how many times I update a program, excluding virus defintions) a week.

Besides the changelog posted at the beginning is meaningless if you are using .254. If a meaningful changelog of each super mirco change to the installer file was listed I would maybe have a little more incentive to unpdate ASC Pro more than once a week using an installer which is loaded with spam as far I my computers' needs go.

In fact I would say that all these unknown frequent micro changes that require the use of an installer are irritating to say the least. IObit needs to really reconsider this. As I have complained about for years. These super micro updates should be available through the UI and not require and installer. Very very inrritating.

As the updater in the UI says when I run it. "Congratuations you have the very latest version. No update available"

@Enoskype

Regarding updates, it would be better if you have the download link go to ASC Pro or add a download link for ASC Pro. Why?

I just did a reinstall of W8-Pro on one of my computers, stuff happens:smile:

Anyway, I downloaded and installed the latest version from this thread and it was the Free version. I could not find a way to activate a valid license in the Free version. You can only purchase a license to make it a Pro version of ASC.

Fortunately I had an earlier version of an ASC Pro 6.x installer. So installed ASC Pro entered my valid license. Then I was able to download from your link and update to the current version. The Pro version was retained with my valid license.

Hi Buddahfan,

This is weird, as I have always installed from the links I have supplied in this forum and never had a glitch for Pro vesions in many different PCs/Laptops. Some times, the version is not the latest as pointed out for the link is the exception and the fault of the owner of the upload server.

As far as I remember, IObit supplied a link for a Pro version only couple of times during the history of AWC and ASC.

Unfortunatelly, I may not be aware of a location of a link for a Pro version of ASC setup when a new version (or a new build) is released in the future.

For the problem you have had, did I understand it correctly that when you install the ASC setup file (Free), and then you try to enter your valid Pro license, the program refuses to be a Pro?

ASC and setup files of ASC were not designed and intended to behave like that. If IObit has changed that, well I will be surprised and would like to hear the reason.

I think IObit should have to look into this weird behavior if it is not intentional.

Cheers.

Hi Buddahfan,

This is weird, as I have always installed from the links I have supplied in this forum and never had a glitch for Pro vesions in many different PCs/Laptops. Some times, the version is not the latest as pointed out for the link is the exception and the fault of the owner of the upload server.

As far as I remember, IObit supplied a link for a Pro version only couple of times during the history of AWC and ASC.

Unfortunatelly, I may not be aware of a location of a link for a Pro version of ASC setup when a new version (or a new build) is released in the future.

For the problem you have had, did I understand it correctly that when you install the ASC setup file (Free), and then you try to enter your valid Pro license, the program refuses to be a Pro?

ASC and setup files of ASC were not designed and intended to behave like that. If IObit has changed that, well I will be surprised and would like to hear the reason.

I think IObit should have to look into this weird behavior if it is not intentional.

Cheers.

I did a fresh install of W8-Pro on one of my Windows 8 computers. That involved reformatting the system drive. I downloaded the ASC installer file linked here. It is the free version. I could not locate a place to activate a current license. I only saw the pop-up which said I need to purchase ASC Pro if I wanted the pro version. This pop-up shows after clicking on upgrade. The pop-up fills the entire ASC UI and I could not see a place to enter a license. However, when you purchase a pro version you are supplied with a link to the pro version installer file in which you can enter your license.

In a way this makes sense. It appears that IObit has separated the pro version from the free version via their installer file. In otherwords there is not one version of the ASC insaller file that is a free version and a serparate installer file which is the pro version. Once you install a free version you are stuck with the free version unless you purchase a license at which time you are given access to the pro version installer file. If however you use the pro version installer file you get a non activated pro version until you enter you license. I don't recall if the pro-version installer file gives you a trial version of ASC Pro. When I installed the pro version on Sunday I immediately enterd my license so I do not recall if it was a trial version of ASC Pro.

Some other software companies do it differently via an installer file which gives users the option of turning on a trial version, see Malwarebyes, of their pro version from which you can enter a license if you purchase it. Some companies even automatically turn on a pro version without the user opting in, see SuperAntiSprware. Of course that pro vesion will exprire after so many days and downgrade to a free version if you don't purchase and enter a valid license.

Hi Buddahfan and enoskype,

Buddahfan, to not bother users, we do not inform our users to get the super micro updates through the UI of ASC. We will collect these micro changes. When the micro changes are big enough to update, users will get the update notification through the UI of ASC. However, if customers are interested in the micro updates, they can download it with the link supplied by enoskype.

For the issue that you can not activate your ASC Pro with your valid license code, it is because that you reformatted the system drive. When you re-install your OS or change your motherboard, your license code needs to be reset to activate your ASC Pro again. Please send us a PM with the code and we can reset your license code.

Besides, we do have ASC Pro trial version and you can download it from http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Pro/3000-2086_4-75628962.html?tag=mncol;7

If you have other issues, please feel free to tell us. ;-)

Thanks enoskype's timely response.:-D

Hi Buddahfan and enoskype,

Buddahfan, to not bother users, we do not inform our users to get the super micro updates through the UI of ASC. We will collect these micro changes. When the micro changes are big enough to update, users will get the update notification through the UI of ASC. However, if customers are interested in the micro updates, they can download it with the link supplied by enoskype.

For the issue that you can not activate your ASC Pro with your valid license code, it is because that you reformatted the system drive. When you re-install your OS or change your motherboard, your license code needs to be reset to activate your ASC Pro again. Please send us a PM with the code and we can reset your license code.

Besides, we do have ASC Pro trial version and you can download it from http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Pro/3000-2086_4-75628962.html?tag=mncol;7

If you have other issues, please feel free to tell us. ;-)

Thanks enoskype's timely response.:-D

As far as the micro updates to the program are concerned. BD W8 Security which I use never requires an installer file. Even the initial install is from a small file maybe a few hundred KB that downloads and installs everything from the cloud. Any subsequent updates are handled automatically through their auto-updater. The only time the user needs to do anything is when a restart is required to finish applying the update.

I was able to enter the license using the Pro installer. Right now it is running as ASC Pro. If I have any issues regarding this I will do as you suggest.

Thanks again for your timely response:smile:

Archived