IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

smart defrag issue

hi RohitMalik

Please - some more information

Did you Defrag&Optimize? Do you have it running automatically in the background too?

Was it heavily fragmented beforehand?

Have you run a chkdisk?

Did you go at once directly into other programs without a pause of some seconds?

Is it still exhibiting this behavior after restart?

Cheers

solbjerg

After i defragged my disk using smart defrag, many applications are creating problem and it asks me to run check disk...some storage issue! What could be the reason behind it? Has it corrupted the windows installation or any driver?

I only used Defrag. It was running in background. But i updated to the latest 1.02 version and started the defrag process manually while i was working in firefox, picassa etc. Yes, the partition containing windows was havily fragmented...after finishing the process. Many applications started creating problem mainly google picassa which doesn't show an image when i try to edit it in picassa....only blank screen. whenever i started windows, it started checkdisk and removed / restored files ( don't know what exactly it does )

even after checkdisk, restarts & installing google picassa again, i'm facing this issue that picassa doesn't show images on screen at all..

trying to defrag & optimize now & not using the computer now. If it doesn't d anything then i'm thinking of repairing windows. You can tell me if that's what i should do?

hi RohitMalik

Please - some more information

Did you Defrag&Optimize? Do you have it running automatically in the background too?

Was it heavily fragmented beforehand?

Have you run a chkdisk?

Did you go at once directly into other programs without a pause of some seconds?

Is it still exhibiting this behavior after restart?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi RohitMalik

Usually it will not defrag running programs. but you have tried to do many things at the same time.

Do you have AWC running cleaning operation in the background too, have you configured the details there?

You could try an > sfc /scannow < command in Run first, but you will need your Installation disk for Windows.

Also you might try to let Windows choose the best settings for your computer.

Right click My Computer/ choose properties/ choose the tap advanced/ in Performance click on the button Settings and choose "Let windows choose ---"

Let's see if any of that works!

You might also try the Windows system Restore function and go back to before your installation of SD 1.02, the if that works, do an absolutely clean install of the program. Uninstall the previous, delete it's folder and clean up the registry and then install SD 1.02

Cheers

solbjerg

I only used Defrag. It was running in background. But i updated to the latest 1.02 version and started the defrag process manually while i was working in firefox, picassa etc. Yes, the partition containing windows was havily fragmented...after finishing the process. Many applications started creating problem mainly google picassa which doesn't show an image when i try to edit it in picassa....only blank screen. whenever i started windows, it started checkdisk and removed / restored files ( don't know what exactly it does )

even after checkdisk, restarts & installing google picassa again, i'm facing this issue that picassa doesn't show images on screen at all..

trying to defrag & optimize now & not using the computer now. If it doesn't d anything then i'm thinking of repairing windows. You can tell me if that's what i should do?

After defrag & optimize finished 2nd time, the system didn't boot to windows. So, i'm just repairing windows now. Let's see if it solves the problem.

Hi RohitMalik

Usually it will not defrag running programs. but you have tried to do many things at the same time.

Do you have AWC running cleaning operation in the background too, have you configured the details there?

You could try an > sfc /scannow < command in Run first, but you will need your Installation disk for Windows.

Also you might try to let Windows choose the best settings for your computer.

Right click My Computer/ choose properties/ choose the tap advanced/ in Performance click on the button Settings and choose "Let windows choose ---"

Let's see if any of that works!

You might also try the Windows system Restore function and go back to before your installation of SD 1.02, the if that works, do an absolutely clean install of the program. Uninstall the previous, delete it's folder and clean up the registry and then install SD 1.02

Cheers

solbjerg

sure! but i'm really afraid of using your tool again. Don't know the real reason of this issue....possible reasons :

your recent update of the tool? or my working while defrag was ongoing?

Hope there is no damage to the disk.

Ok RohitMalik

Let us know how it goes, please!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi RohitMalik

On the subject of losing some funtionality I am mostly of the opinion that it was caused by running a lot of functions at the same time.

But there have been some examples in the forum that it was a good idea to do an absolutely clean install when upgrading from 1.01 to 1.02, so why don't you try that?

Cheers

solbjerg

sure! but i'm really afraid of using your tool again. Don't know the real reason of this issue....possible reasons :

your recent update of the tool? or my working while defrag was ongoing?

Hope there is no damage to the disk.

trying to install windows ( fresh ) first then i can only install 1.02 as that's . what i have now.

Hi RohitMalik

On the subject of losing some funtionality I am mostly of the opinion that it was caused by running a lot of functions at the same time.

But there have been some examples in the forum that it was a good idea to do an absolutely clean install when upgrading from 1.01 to 1.02, so why don't you try that?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi RohitMalik-are you about to perform a complete OS reinstall?-you might want to try a simple repair console operation with your original disk first-can outline the steps if you are not familiar with them as long as it's Win.(not a Vista guy)-great day and God bless

I did a clean windows installation and i have decided not to use smart defrag as i was noticing some problem in google picassa again. So, immediately closed smart defrag as i don't have much time for repair etc., i request you to use smart defrag in windows xp with google picassa in few machines which will prove that your tool works fine and only then i can think of using it.

Archived