IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC v6.2.0.254 And FTL cause black screen crash SOMETIMES when exiting the game

Hi there:

I am trying the free version of this program, and it seems to work OK, except with the FTL game and SOMETIMES when I exit the game FTL it causes a black screen crash. (As I noted on this forum , going through the programs one by one, I found your program is causing the crash.) I don't see any place to exclude the FTL game from this program.

Is there anything I can do?

If not, I'd hate to have to choose between one or the other or always close the program if I want to play said game.

This is running on a standard Acer Aspire Setup (AX3910-U4022) with Windows 7 Home Premium.

Again, there is no question this program is causing the crash as it was closed down and the crashes stopped (as intermittent and not always as they were) when I played and exited the FTL game.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Hi the truthseeker,

Welcome to the forum.

Firstly, please check whether you have turned on Turbo Boost in Expert Mode. If you have, please turn it off.

Secondly, please click Settings under More Settings icon and click Active Optimize from left panel to check whether you have enabled Active Optimize. If you have, please untick the checkbox and click Apply.

After the above two steps, please try to boot your FTL game and then exit to see whether the black screen issue is solved.

If this problem still exists after you turn off the Turbo Boost and Active Optimize, please follow the steps below and send the file to support@iobit.com with providing the URL of this thread:

1. Please download InfoHelper.exe from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper_20121228.exe

2. Please double click InfoHelper.exe to run it and click Save report to Desktop.

3. Finally, please send the zipped ASC_Info_File on your Desktop to us.

More information will help us understand the situation better.

Cheers

Turbo Boost was on (now off,) Active Optimize was off. I'll see if it makes any difference but it may take a coupe of days to see if this intermittant issue pops up again or not. If if does or not, I'll edit this reply and note if if it helped or note the InfoHelper Zipped attachment. I used to do internet Tech Support so I have no problem doing whatever I have to do, but it's always interesting being on the other side for a change :)

Edit: Crashed twice. Once when I had my browser up and an internet online alarm clock went off, so wasn't certain if a browser conflict caused it, but then it crashed two days later as per the listed method of exiting the game...

The Zipped report is attached:

Spigot was just noticed running on my computer in my recent reboot due to the game crash when I had your program running...months after it was previously detected and "verified successfully removed."

Running another separate program (Exterminate It) found a RAT and a bunch of tracking cookies which I removed manually.

I'll decide later if I am keeping your program or not, but it's possible in the backdoor methods of hiding the Trojan it caused the conflicts with your program and FTL...So far after the manual removal of the malware (including manually going through and removing registry keys associated with them not taking any chances with another program "removing" it) besides the computer's performance improving, the conflict seems to have not come up...but it still can take days so I'm being cautiously optimistic. Another scan shows absolutely no infections or tracking cookies whatsoever. (And I mean checking 142 suspect system low cookies I removed just in case level of clean...)

Hi there:

I am trying the free version of this program, and it seems to work OK, except with the FTL game and SOMETIMES when I exit the game FTL it causes a black screen crash. (As I noted on this forum , going through the programs one by one, I found your program is causing the crash.) I don't see any place to exclude the FTL game from this program.

Is there anything I can do?

If not, I'd hate to have to choose between one or the other or always close the program if I want to play said game.

This is running on a standard Acer Aspire Setup (AX3910-U4022) with Windows 7 Home Premium.

Again, there is no question this program is causing the crash as it was closed down and the crashes stopped (as intermittent and not always as they were) when I played and exited the FTL game.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Eliminating programs one by one to see if they are cauing a problem is used my many people. My experience has been while it is a good step to take in eliminating a problem is does not necessarily mean that the progam so identified in this manner is causing the problem. There could very well be a problem with another progam that is preventing said program from operating properly. Maybe the code in FTL is written in such a way that it causes a crash when another program tries to perform one of its tasks. In this case the problem would be with FTL. Removing ASC might solve the problem but if you install and use another program that peforms similar tasks to ASC you might also wind up with computer crashes.

I am not saying this is the case here. I am just pointing out that eliminating programs one by one to see which one is causing the problem does not always lead to the correct identification of the problem causing program.

Archived