IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Adding Tool to Desktop?

Today as I went to use the File Shredder, I saw a tip popup that suggested that I add frequently used tools to the desktop. After using it I tried to find out how to do this, but there is no reference to this.

It’s a good suggestion, but without instructions it’s pretty useless.

They are created like any other 'Shortcut' Icon.

This is one procedure for doing that:

Locate the utility-program, that you want to create a shortcut for, by finding it in Explorer-FileManager.

The path to that folder is probably: C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 6

(unless you installed it at a different location)

The File-shredder utility is called : Suc13_FileShredder.exe

(in the version I'm using)

Right-click the program, click 'Send To', and then click 'Desktop (create shortcut)'. The shortcut icon will appear on the desktop.

Do an Internet Search if you need more information on creating or removing Short-cut Icons.

Hi White Phoenix,

This is new and introduced in ASC6.2.

After installation of version ASC6.2, when you first click on a tool in Toolbox, there is pup up tip window and there are 2 options you can choose. This tip window opens ony once for each tool on the first use of each tool. EDIT:(Corrected by Cicely in post #7 as second time use of each tool.)

When you tick "Create shortcut on the Desktop" option, a shortcut is created on Desktop for that specific tool.

If you miss that chance, you can create the shortcuts as Toppack describes.

IMHO, there should be another option to be chosen in the Tip window, this should be for, to show the tip window again or not.

Cheers.

Yes, the one-time-only option is silly. I was there already, so I went ahead and did my maintenance thinking I could go back and do it later.

There should just be an option in settings to select creating a shortcut on the desktop for each tool.

Dear White Phoenix,

Yes, currently this tip will only appear once. I will forward your suggestion to our product team for further consideration.

By the way, this tip will appear during your second use of that tool not for the first time you use a tool.

Archived