IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Registry cleaner necessary!

Hi jerry6730,

Sooner or later, there will be a lot of clutter in your registry in time which will effect the speed eventually.

Some people are against cleaning registry, but in years, I have seen that keeping registry without clutter and in order, the PCs have less tendency for problems.

Cheers.

jerry6730

Welcome to the forum. I have also found that keeping the clutter out of the registry does seem to enable a machine to run efficiently and experience less problems. I have ASC running autocare when my system is idle, and this keeps the registry clean and problem free. I do however strongly recommend that you disable Deep Clean in the Registry Fix settings, as it is unnecessary in normal use, and should only be used by users who have a strong knowledge of the workings of the registry, and use of this function by users who do not have the necessary knowledge, can cause serious problems.

@Scannan!

jerry6730

Welcome to the forum. I have also found that keeping the clutter out of the registry does seem to enable a machine to run efficiently and experience less problems. I have ASC running autocare when my system is idle, and this keeps the registry clean and problem free. I do however strongly recommend that you disable Deep Clean in the Registry Fix settings, as it is unnecessary in normal use, and should only be used by users who have a strong knowledge of the workings of the registry, and use of this function by users who do not have the necessary knowledge, can cause serious problems.

I completely concur mate and tell everyone I can that 'High Risk' on deep scan results means high risk to YOUR computer if you 'fix' them!Unless you know what you are looking at/doing DO NOT DEEP SCAN.The regular scan is quite nice and does a good job maintaining a healthy registry.

-Cowboy

I agree running Deep Scan's can be problematic if you are not a more advanced user. However, what is also problematic is "System Optimization" You really have to be careful with all system optimizers. For the most part I avoid using them. The problem with just blindly using system optimizing utilties is that they are generic in nature and not smart enough to take into account how a user wants to use his/her computer or how a network is setup.

System optimizers are just another type of computer tweak. Computer tweaks should be avoided by all but the most advanced users. That has been my experience. Once upon a time I tried messing around with tweaking Friefox by making changes in their about:config. Not worth the trouble unless you really know what you are doing.

• 2 weeks later...

pre w7 i would definatly say they helped but with w7 and w8 not too sure, i tend to clean up after uninstalls now using regedit or searchig the software hives.

did see another software called toolwiz i think it was called or similar that throws up reg keys that are redundant and tells you what they are related to.

not had a chance to install and run it yet, just read about it on a web comparing the various utilites and it got a good write up so did asc by the way.

Archived