IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Daily dose

Or years I have been dealing with the best and easiest way to clean up the computer after I have finished using it for the day. I have tried using numerous programs in an attempt to clean the computer after a day's use.

At this point I am down to using three programs on a daily basis for end of day cleanup. I am pretty compfortable with this.

The programs I am now using daily for end of day cleanup are.

1. CCleaner Free which auto runs when I close Firefox 10 to 30 seconds

2. ASC Pro excluding Disk Defragment and System Optimization 2 to 5 minutes daily.

3. DiskMax Free which a great program for cleanup and optimazation including defragging your hard drives. 5 to 20 minutes daily which includes a lot more than defragging the hard drives, on each computer depending. Since it is usually the last program I run at the end of the day. I just start it and lock the computer. The next time I use the computer I just click on Quit on the DiskMax UI after I login. No biggie

DiskMax is probably not as good as IObit Smart Defragger but it works good enough and eliminates the need to use one more program.:-D

So the only program I am really waiting on is ASC Pro. Once it finishes and I start DiskMax I am done and can lock the computer and walk away. I never shut my computers off.

In addition I use but not daily

1. Windows Clean Manager which I only use when I want to clean Windows system files. So I don't run it that frequently. It took up to an hour on one of my older computers to clean up this last monthy Windows patch update. Ugh I prefer to use Clean Manager to clean Windows system files since it is a Windows app. Not saying it is the best option but just my preference.

2. PrivaZer which I run once a week to clean traces. Time to clean depends on the number of hard drives, the number of traces on your hard drives, how they are partitioned, their size, the method you use to clean and the speed of your hard drives and processor. If you run it once a week it goes a lot faster than the first time. Boy is that an understatement if there ever was one.:lol:

Then maybe a couple of times a week I restart the computers excluding restarts requred by some program installs, removals and updates.

Its nice to be retired and have time to mess around with computers.:smile:

EDIT: Buddahfan, please tell me what would you like the title to be! Daily dose is my imagination of your usage. :lol:

Sorry, I had to move this one and the following post to this section!

@Buddahfan!

Or years I have been dealing with the best and easiest way to clean up the computer after I have finished using it for the day. I have tried using numerous programs in an attempt to clean the computer after a day's use.

At this point I am down to using three programs on a daily basis for end of day cleanup. I am pretty compfortable with this.

The programs I am now using daily for end of day cleanup are.

2. ASC Pro excluding Disk Defragment and System Optimization 2 to 5 minutes daily.

3. DiskMax Free which a great program for cleanup and optimazation including defragging your hard drives. 5 to 20 minutes daily which includes a lot more than defragging the hard drives, on each computer depending. Since it is usually the last program I run at the end of the day. I just start it and lock the computer. The next time I use the computer I just click on Quit on the DiskMax UI after I login. No biggie

DiskMax is probably not as good as IObit Smart Defragger but it works good enough and eliminates the need to use one more program.:-D

So the only program I am really waiting on is ASC Pro. Once it finishes and I start DiskMax I am done and can lock the computer and walk away. I never shut my computers off.

In addition I use but not daily

1. Windows Clean Manager which I only use when I want to clean Windows system files. So I don't run it that frequently. It took up to an hour on one of my older computers to clean up this last monthy Windows patch update. Ugh I prefer to use Clean Manager to clean Windows system files since it is a Windows app. Not saying it is the best option but just my preference.

2. PrivaZer which I run once a week to clean traces. Time to clean depends on the number of hard drives, the number of traces on your hard drives, how they are partitioned, their size, the method you use to clean and the speed of your hard drives and processor. If you run it once a week it goes a lot faster than the first time. Boy is that an understatement if there ever was one.:lol:

Then maybe a couple of times a week I restart the computers excluding restarts requred by some program installs, removals and updates.

Its nice to be retired and have time to mess around with computers.:smile:

Buddahfan

Expert User

Of course I have IObit Ultimate6 Pro I use everyday! Magnificent,marvelous software!

Mate,I have been using Ultra Defrag from SourceForge (not to say IObit's defragger isn't good) and it is spectacular!

1)Can defrag any file or groups of files.

2)Options are simply amazing.

3)By default,it defrags at boot.You would be surprised at how many fragments it finds in MBR every day (10-30).So I start with a CLEAN machine.

4)A full optimization is well done and FAST.It also has a 'quick' Optimization option.

I also use Crap Cleaner (extended) every day.Topnotch!I also use a Ashampoo WinOptimizer 10Pro which is excellent ,but I only use it 2-3 times a week.

Everyday I do a registry backup with an excellent program from http://www.tweaking.com that has some outstanding FREE programs.Those guys really are Pro's!

Also,I create a restore point mainly because I test a LOT of mainly security software.

-Cowboy

This is what I do everyday. I'm taking it step by step and see the individual effects. But looks like you already figured everything out. icon_smile.gif

Archived