IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Driver Booster

itobe

Driver Booster 3.0 Beta -- several questions

I have just installed Driver Booster 3.0, and the moment it launched, even before I had a chance to run a scan, it displayed the message that I have one driver badly out of date, but I can find no way to update the driver, there is no "update now" or similar button or dialog anywhere on the interface.

There is [as is usual with Iobit] a large "Scan" button, two small icons in the upper corner, one for "settings", "updates"[to the program but not the drivers], "technical support" [which stops at version 2], and the standard "about." Nothing to indicate any way to actually update any drivers.

Thinking that the missing information and driver update option only appear at the conclusion of a scan, I pressed the "scan" button and have been watching the highlight thing describe it's circular path round and round the button for almost 30 minutes and still nothing has happened.

Is this beta version really ready to be deployed, even for testing?

Is it fair to us who wish to try it and evaluate it to release it without at least the skeleton of a Help file that pertains to version 3, not just version 2?

I'm running XP with a great many programs installed, but even so, a malware scan and disc defrag takes much less time than this Driver Booster has taken so far.

I certainly wish there were more help and tips available, or at least feedback on the forum --- I can't be the first to try this version 3.0 can I?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi RonC,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please download the latest Driver Booster Beta 3.0 from the link below:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/iobit_driver_booster.html (click Download@MajorGeeks and it will download automatically)

If you still have the same problem, please help us look into it as follows:

Please download the tool from http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get zipped file DriverBooster_Log_Files.zip on your desktop. Please send the zip file to support10@iobit.com with URL to this thread.

Please also take related screenshots and send them along with the DriverBooster_Log_Files.zip file to support10@iobit.com.

Thank you very much for helping us test this beta program and your patience on this issue.

Cheers

Hey , i just loved your programe.

I'd like to tell you that when i scan and install all the drivers, Driver Booster can't seem to find my Sound Driver which is "VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller"

Just telling since it is beta version.

Have fun.

I think that Driver Booster is a god send.

For months now I have been suffering with a computer that constantly kept crashing on me when running software that demanded a massive amount of data crunching.

At first I put it down to Windows 8's short comings, I have tried other driver finding programs in the past but none would sort out the problems I was having, then one day when I was using my ASCU6 I saw the add in the bottom left hand corner for a free test of Driver Booster, and I thought why not give it a try, so I did.

Wow and I mean, Wow, the speed it took to find the out of date drivers was instant, I have never seen a program work so fast and so reliable before.

I instantly found the drivers that the others simply couldn't find, and downloading them was easy and strait forward, just one click of a button and none of the faffing about that you get with other driver finder programs.

I just wanted to say, thank you to all the people at IObit...... your doing a terrific job. :-D8-):-D

Edit... I forgot to say, I now have a reliable computer once again thanks to you all...

Hi aletheia & j_maybury,

So happy to know that Driver Booster has been helpful. If you guys have any other feedback about Driver Booster Beta 3.0, please do not hesitate to post it here. Your feedback and suggestions will surely help us improve our product. :-D

Hi aletheia, please be assured that we are expanding our database. Of course the one you mentioned is right on our schedule.

Cheers

Hi migrekov,

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get zipped file DriverBooster_Log_Files.zip on your desktop. Please send the zip file to support10@iobit.com with URL to this thread.

We will help you further.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Driver keep be reported outdated

Hi,

First of all, I would like to say that I am very happy with Driver Booster. After I installed Ver. 3.0 several day ago, the program found 3 outdated drivers and updated them succesfully. :-D

I just downloaded Driver Booster Ver. Beta 3.1 today. It did found 6 outdated driver that the preceeding Ver. 3.0 did not found and installed 5 of them succesfully, but one of them keep be reported as outdated even after I have it updated. It seems that the problem is because both the old and the new driver have the same version number: 7.0.0.1011 but the release date of the new one is more recent:

Driver Details:

Currently installed: Version: 7.0.0.1011 Release date: 10-Jan-05

Available update: Version: 7.0.0.1011 Release date: 15-Sep-06

Devices using the driver (1)

Intel® 82801 PCI Bridge -244E

In the device manager, it's still the driver with the older date that is listed, so Driver Booster did not update the driver, and when I try to update the driver with the Device Manager "Update Driver" button, I get the message "The wizart could not find a better match for your hardware than the software you currently have installed." because of curse there is no newer version, but only a more recent copy of it.

Maybe to resolve the problem, Driver Booster must ignore the date of the latest driver if it's version is the same as that of the old driver already installed...

What is bizzare is that when I right-click on the driver file pci.sys the product version is listed as 5.1.2600.5512

Hi Yosua,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Driver keep be reported outdated

Hi, Cicely,

Thank you for your answer. I have send the zip file attached to email.

I search myself on the internet and found a more recent driver, downloaded it and updated it. Now in the Device Manager, the driver is listed as follow:

Intel® 82801 PCI Bridge - 244E

Driver Provider: Intel

Driver Date: 07-Nov-08

Driver Version: 7.0.1.1011

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

I then ran again Driver Booster and after scanning, Driver Booster says: "All drivers are the latest". But when I click on the "More Info" button to look at the Driver Details, the installed driver look even older than the driver I had before the update, yet Driver Booster now says that "All drivers are the latest"... Here are the details:

Driver Details

Curently installed

Version:

Release date:

01-Jul-01

It seems that the driver file Driver Booster is looking at is not the same as the file reported in the Device manager. I tried to revert to the old driver in the Device manager but was unable to as the old driver was not saved. I then tryed to again update the driver in the Device manager but the Device manager said that I already have the latest driver... It seems that there are no problems with my computer after I updated the driver myself manually, and now both Device manager and Driver Booster say that I have the latest driver, but I am not sure, there are too many different files with different dates and different versions for this driver...

Thank you for your attention.

Hi,

First of all, I would like to say that I am very happy with Driver Booster. After I installed Ver. 3.0 several day ago, the program found 3 outdated drivers and updated them succesfully. :-D

I just downloaded Driver Booster Ver. Beta 3.1 today. It did found 6 outdated driver that the preceeding Ver. 3.0 did not found and installed 5 of them succesfully, but one of them keep be reported as outdated even after I have it updated. It seems that the problem is because both the old and the new driver have the same version number: 7.0.0.1011 but the release date of the new one is more recent:

Driver Details:

Currently installed: Version: 7.0.0.1011 Release date: 10-Jan-05

Available update: Version: 7.0.0.1011 Release date: 15-Sep-06

Devices using the driver (1)

Intel® 82801 PCI Bridge -244E

In the device manager, it's still the driver with the older date that is listed, so Driver Booster did not update the driver, and when I try to update the driver with the Device Manager "Update Driver" button, I get the message "The wizart could not find a better match for your hardware than the software you currently have installed." because of curse there is no newer version, but only a more recent copy of it.

Maybe to resolve the problem, Driver Booster must ignore the date of the latest driver if it's version is the same as that of the old driver already installed...

What is bizzare is that when I right-click on the driver file pci.sys the product version is listed as 5.1.2600.5512

That device to me would seem to be a component of the chipset drivers from intel instead of a stand alone driver. However I do not know if that is relevant to the reason the driver booster can't find it to download maybe the updated version number is in the datebase but the overall chipset driver isn't just a thought. If your computer specs on your profile are current intel pulled the availability of that driver update

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18246&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20%20*&DownloadType=Drivers However that board is based on the 945 chipset and there are drivers for that.

This is the link for the Latest drivers for windows 7

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2068&DwnldID=18033&ProductFamily=Desktop+Boards&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+945+Express+Chipset+Family+Boards&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Desktop+Board+D945GNT&lang=eng

Hi Yosua,

Thank you for your feedback. Actually our programmers are working on this issue now. But it would be very helpful if you can update this driver manually and then take a screenshot of the More Info window of Driver Booster to send it to support10@iobit.com with URL to your post. We can't thank you enough for doing us such a huge favor.

Guide for taking a screenshot: http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/gen...screenshot.htm

Please feel free to post your feedback if there is any. With support from kind customers like you and TJB1982, we will be able to make Driver Booster better and better.

Cheers

Driver booster

Thanks so much for the free software IObit I love the driver booster it has updated all my drivers especially the intel ones that are so hard to find. I appreciate all your software and give you and the products a AAAAA+++++ and then some thanks again.

sound core 3d drivers by creative problem

I have tried Beta 3.0 and beta 4.0 of driver booster and there is a problem with it identifyting specific driver id's for specific sound core 3d cards by creative. What I mean is that over the last few months I have owned a basic recon3d pci-e and a recon3d fatal1ty professional pci-e sound card by creative. When I try to use betas of driver booster, beta 3.0 for example, it says my driver (dated jan. 2013) is out of date. So, I let it download a new driver supposedly. It downloaded the sound blaster z most recent driver and installed a "frankenstein" mixed driver that wouldn't allow me to use stereo 2.0 sound. I quickly uninstalled all of the creative software and drivers and reinstalled the latest posted driver by creative from their website. I checked the installer in the installer folder just to be sure it was sound blaster z and not recon3d software. Then with beta 4.0, it attempted which i stopped in time to install a sound blaster zxr driver which is a two card solution. All of these cards use the sound core 3d chip but are all different in hardware/driver id's and use different app TSR taskbar software to run the cards. You may want to look into this since creative claims they have sold over 400 million sound blaster cards in their lifetime.

Trying out Driver Booster 4 Beta for the first time; seems sweet, but I'd like an option to not show the items marked as "Driver is perfect" in the list, only show the drivers needing updates.

Also a portable version would be great, for USB sticks.

p.s. I had to post here because the in-app feedback sending failed.

Well i have used driver bosster as it was very new in ASC7.

It say 3 driver are antik. Ok, i have installed all with the program. after it, my system was slower and get many bluescreen.

Ok i have played a image back again.

Now i checked with the new version and there 7 driver antik!

I have downloaded my asus driver (newest version) from asus site. but as i want install it, it say i have the actual driver installed already. - But ASC say: Antik.

And again: i have installed malware fighter2 and run ist. And again i get bluescreen with netio.sys.

without malewarefighter and with my antik drivers, all is ok in my pc

Hi hartz7,

We are thrilled to hear that you are pleased with Driver Booster. :grin: And thank you for such a generous grade. :mrgreen:

If you have any other feedback or suggestions to Driver Booster, please do not hesitate to post here.

Thanks so much for the free software IObit I love the driver booster it has updated all my drivers especially the intel ones that are so hard to find. I appreciate all your software and give you and the products a AAAAA+++++ and then some thanks again.

Hi wheeljack12,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

To look into this issue further, please download the tool from http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get zipped file DriverBooster_Log_Files.zip on your desktop. Please send the zip file to support10@iobit.com with URL to your post.

Thank you in advance for your patience and help on this issue.

Have a nice day.

I have tried Beta 3.0 and beta 4.0 of driver booster and there is a problem with it identifyting specific driver id's for specific sound core 3d cards by creative. What I mean is that over the last few months I have owned a basic recon3d pci-e and a recon3d fatal1ty professional pci-e sound card by creative. When I try to use betas of driver booster, beta 3.0 for example, it says my driver (dated jan. 2013) is out of date. So, I let it download a new driver supposedly. It downloaded the sound blaster z most recent driver and installed a "frankenstein" mixed driver that wouldn't allow me to use stereo 2.0 sound. I quickly uninstalled all of the creative software and drivers and reinstalled the latest posted driver by creative from their website. I checked the installer in the installer folder just to be sure it was sound blaster z and not recon3d software. Then with beta 4.0, it attempted which i stopped in time to install a sound blaster zxr driver which is a two card solution. All of these cards use the sound core 3d chip but are all different in hardware/driver id's and use different app TSR taskbar software to run the cards. You may want to look into this since creative claims they have sold over 400 million sound blaster cards in their lifetime.

Hi RickA,

Thank you for your kind suggestion. I have forwarded it to our manager for consideration. :smile:

Regarding the issue with feedback button on Driver Booster not working, please check whether you are using proxy to connect to Internet, cause this feature is not available if you are using proxy.

But you can always send your feedback or suggestions to support10@iobit.com.

Cheers

Trying out Driver Booster 4 Beta for the first time; seems sweet, but I'd like an option to not show the items marked as "Driver is perfect" in the list, only show the drivers needing updates.

Also a portable version would be great, for USB sticks.

p.s. I had to post here because the in-app feedback sending failed.

Hi Daskalos,

So sorry to hear about this issue.

Please make sure that you have installed Driver Booster Beta 4.0 and run a scan again to check whether this issue still exists.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...r_booster.html (click Download@MajorGeeks and it will download automatically)

And please download the tool from http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get zipped file DriverBooster_Log_Files.zip on your desktop. Please send the zip file to support10@iobit.com with URL to this post.

With more information, we will be able to look into this issue further and improve Driver Booster.

Thank you in advanced for your patience and great help.

Well i have used driver bosster as it was very new in ASC7.

It say 3 driver are antik. Ok, i have installed all with the program. after it, my system was slower and get many bluescreen.

Ok i have played a image back again.

Now i checked with the new version and there 7 driver antik!

I have downloaded my asus driver (newest version) from asus site. but as i want install it, it say i have the actual driver installed already. - But ASC say: Antik.

And again: i have installed malware fighter2 and run ist. And again i get bluescreen with netio.sys.

without malewarefighter and with my antik drivers, all is ok in my pc

Hi,

I just received an email today informing me that "Daskalos has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Send Your Feedback for Driver Booster - in the Driver Booster forum of IObit.Com Forums."

I tried first to update the driver manually, but only got this message:

"The wizart could not find a better match for your hardware than the software you currently have installed."

I tried then to find on the internet for a driver, found one, installed it, then Driver Booster tried to update it again without sucess, but some days latter when runing again Driver Booster, the problem disappeared, even now Driver booster Beta 4 and do not report any problems.

I will sent a screenshot to support10@iobit.com

Hi Yosua,

Thank you for your feedback. Actually our programmers are working on this issue now. But it would be very helpful if you can update this driver manually and then take a screenshot of the More Info window of Driver Booster to send it to support10@iobit.com with URL to your post. We can't thank you enough for doing us such a huge favor.

Guide for taking a screenshot: http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/gen...screenshot.htm

Please feel free to post your feedback if there is any. With support from kind customers like you and TJB1982, we will be able to make Driver Booster better and better.

Cheers