IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Driver Booster

itobe

I tried then to find on the internet for a driver, found one, installed it, then Driver Booster tried to update it again without sucess, but some days latter when runing again Driver Booster, the problem disappeared, even now Driver booster Beta 4 and do not report any problems.

Hi Yosua,

This is normal, as the Database in the cloud (of IObit) is updated continually, so most probably that false positive for the driver is updated.

Please try the newly released Driver Booster v1.0 from the links in Driver Booster 1.0 is released! thread.

Cheers.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beta 4 ?

well, i have installed the Beta 4 ands running 5 days now. And all is ok! :-P

Thanx Iobit

Have I missed something here? Beta 4? When I go to majorgeeks it's only got Driver Booster 1.0, and a search for the beta does not reveal anything. Is there a special URL for beta 4?:?::?:

IanDSamson

It means that the Beta stage has now ended, and the final completed product is now officially released.

Is there a future consideration to put a brief description for each driver on what it does for the computer and possibly put a risk level of what may happen if the update doesn't work? I have found that System Restore does not always work on these types of things.

I just used Driver Booster 1.0 to update a couple of audio drivers it picked up and it did it perfectly! But I consider these types of drivers less intrusive on them possibly causing damage to the computer if the driver doesn't work. I don't know about anyone else, but when a driver scanner picks up drivers like chip sets and ATA controllers to update, I get really apprehensive, as if something goes wrong, my experience (not with my current PC) is you are sol and it's windows reinstall time. I guess the only other option is you can choose not to update the particular driver and click ignore. Any thoughts guys?

Lee

Leeman

Even though the final version is released, you can continue to post/send suggestions. Iobit take all suggestions seriously and continue to use them to improve the products.

In fact some users will probably continue to use the Beta for a while.

Scannan, that was what I was trying to do in my previous post. What has been yours and others experience with 'Driver Updaters' such as Driver Booster in updating 'hard core' drivers such as ATA controllers and chip sets?

Can IOBIT incorporate something like being used in the scans for ASC registry risk levels (low, medium, high) in Driver Booster as to the risk level of a particular driver that is updated - e.g ATA controller - high risk?

Lee

Leeman

I do not use driver boosters. I only update drivers if requested to do so or if I have an issue that requires a driver update to resolve it. Otherwise, I let my machine purr merrily along and am not tempted to change things simply because it is now possibile to do so.

Drivers are a minefield, and my opinion is the less interference the better.

As for a risk indicator... I imagine that would be a big ask, as driver updates are user choice, and the risk levels would be different for different systems and OS's. However, Cicely, who is the Iobit liaison for the forum, will see these post and will pass the sugestions on to the programmers.

Leeman

I do not use driver boosters. I only update drivers if requested to do so or if I have an issue that requires a driver update to resolve it. Otherwise, I let my machine purr merrily along and am not tempted to change things simply because it is now possibile to do so.

Drivers are a minefield, and my opinion is the less interference the better.

As for a risk indicator... I imagine that would be a big ask, as driver updates are user choice, and the risk levels would be different for different systems and OS's. However, Cicely, who is the Iobit liaison for the forum, will see these post and will pass the sugestions on to the programmers.

Thank you Scannan, that is the general consensus I have been getting from experienced tech folk regarding driver updaters - 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' -

use driver updaters at your own risk.

lee

Have I missed something here? Beta 4? When I go to majorgeeks it's only got Driver Booster 1.0, and a search for the beta does not reveal anything. Is there a special URL for beta 4?:?::?:

Hi IanDSamson,

Beta 4.0 has been updated to v1.0 now with updated database and language based on Beta 4.0. Please never mind about it. You haven't missed too much :wink:

Cheers.

Daskalos

The Pro version provides automatic functions whereas the Free version is manual. The Pro also boasts faster download speeds. See this link

Hi Scannan,

Thanks for helping explain the difference between Pro and Free version. But actually, both Pro and Free version has the automatic function to detect outdated driver or check for update. And you are right, the Pro has faster download speeds with better service :-D

And Daskalos, please feel free to let us know if you have any further question.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

TOP 5 valuable beta contributors for Driver Booster

Hi all,

Thank you so much for helping us test Driver Booster Beta version.

Driver Booster v1.0 has been released. Sorry that it is a delay to announce the most valuable beta contributors now, which should have been done a few days ago :(

Here is the TOP 5 from the forums:

1. Mikołaj

2. scrd01

3. repsakasper

4. jgorow

5. killermanx0

They will get a 1pc/1yr license later and their names will be added into About in version 1.1.

Another 5 most valuable beta contributors have been selected from emails.

We are so lucky to have you all :) If you have any more feedback on Driver Booster, please feel free to continue to post it here.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

All Drivers NOT Perfect

I don't like to complain but, I really think you guys should see this. I have verified thru independent sources that Driver Booster does not find the most recent drivers. I am unsure of which one to follow because I TRUST you guys and this is very unsettling to me. PLEASE tell me what I can do about this. :oops:

This is the main picture showing the difference

22 Wrong

I spent the better part of 2 1/2 hours on this problem. I do not want to buy this other software but I am wondering how it got thru beta without this huge issue even noticed. I love IOrbit so I will wait to see if this problem is fixed. I will help in any way I can.

It will only let me update 2 drivers a day 2 down 20 to go!!! :|

Hi CKCustom,

Just to point out that I have used DriverMax for a while and it finds some newer drivers, but specially with laptops you have to be careful to install all the new drivers it finds and installs.

My CPU went up to 75% all the time during idling, and couldn't find which driver had made it, so I had to uninstall all the new drivers.

I am not saying that the Driver Booster of IObit is always correct for the drivers, but most of the time, driver updating for laptops should be done through the laptop's manufacturer's site (not even the driver manufacturer's site).

Perhaps, Driver Booster Pro is a better choice when compared to Driver Booster.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

Hi CKCustom,

Just to point out that I have used DriverMax for a while and it finds some newer drivers, but specially with laptops you have to be careful to install all the new drivers it finds and installs.

My CPU went up to 75% all the time during idling, and couldn't find which driver had made it, so I had to uninstall all the new drivers.

I am not saying that the Driver Booster of IObit is always correct for the drivers, but most of the time, driver updating for laptops should be done through the laptop's manufacturer's site (not even the driver manufacturer's site).

Perhaps, Driver Booster Pro is a better choice when compared to Driver Booster.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

Thanks for the input, I checked with AMD before I said anything and to be precise, I am on a HP p-1257c desktop. I had just reset windows 7 due to my accidentaly erasing what I thought was an outdated sound driver and to make a long story short.........Took 14 hours to bring it back from HP Hell. I now triple check everything that I can before making that jump, my people starting knocking on my door asking if I was still alive 2 days, with my regular work it cost me.

AMD is usually great about drivers

the problem is it doesn't show suitable drivers for my pc's specs the ATI(now AMD) driver shows error on installing

I went to AMD and used the automatic driver checker and it said I needed an update also.

I have experienced in the past when I upgraded a Laptop to a newer Op system that some of the drivers would not work.

the problem is it doesn't show suitable drivers for my pc's specs the ATI(now AMD) driver shows error on installing

Hi dev3,

Can you please reproduce the problem by trying to install the driver again and take a screenshot of the error message to send to us for further checking?

Guide for taking a screenshot: http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/gen...screenshot.htm

Please download the tool from http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get zipped file DriverBooster_Log_Files.zip on your desktop. Please send the zip file to support10@iobit.com with URL to your post.

Thank you for your effort and help on this issue.

Hi CKCustom,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Actually, our experts have been working hard and constantly to expand our database. Can you give us a little time to do that? :oops:

If you have any feedback or suggestions, please do not hesitate to post your reply here on this forum. With more feedback from users like you, we will make Driver Booster better and better.:grin:

Cheers

Hi CKCustom,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Actually, our experts have been working hard and constantly to expand our database. Can you give us a little time to do that? :oops:

If you have any feedback or suggestions, please do not hesitate to post your reply here on this forum. With more feedback from users like you, we will make Driver Booster better and better.:grin:

Cheers

Sure no problem. I was just letting you know of what I found.

The best part of this program was the "restore point" because, after i updated my "very very bad" nvidia driver, it happend like this;

http://j1310.hizliresim.com/1g/z/u3sz9.jpg

like you see, its more more bad now.

Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT

Hi ucx,

Welcome to the forum.

We are sorry for all the inconvenience caused by this issue. To solve it, we need your help to provide us information below:

Please download the tool from http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get zipped file DriverBooster_Log_Files.zip on your desktop. Please send the zip file to support10@iobit.com with URL to your post.

Please try to restore to a restore point before this issue happened to check whether your screen is back to normal and keep us informed about the result.

Thank you very much for your patience and help on this issue.