IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Driver Booster

itobe

Hi ucx,

Welcome to the forum.

We are sorry for all the inconvenience caused by this issue. To solve it, we need your help to provide us information below:

Please download the tool from http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get zipped file DriverBooster_Log_Files.zip on your desktop. Please send the zip file to support10@iobit.com with URL to your post.

Please try to restore to a restore point before this issue happened to check whether your screen is back to normal and keep us informed about the result.

Thank you very much for your patience and help on this issue.

Thanks for your interest. I sent "DriverBooster_Log_Files" do the mail you given. I dont know how its gonna help me but, its ok :wink:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOW BLOW, IObit!

SUDDENLY IT'S A ONE-SHOT DEAL! I am not happy.

I knew that changing the sound driver would disable the sound on my Aspire, so I chose to update one driver at a time. SURPRISE! No I get the "Your PC has 53 devices requiring . . ." you to purchase our program, fool. Gotcha!

This underhanded way of selling your wares is certainly NOT the IObit I've been accustomed to for these many years! And just between you and me, you can keep your very nice but totally useless "FREE" driver program.

And, having used the separate Booster, the Driver Booster in v.7 tools is also inoperative. Guess what you can do with it.

Very sincerely,

john mahaffy

Driver booster is showing a version of graphics driver which is unsupported for my graphics card chipset. I had tried that version earlier which made my system full of errors. I had to format it and reinstall again. I suggest that you should show driver updates only if they support the hardware of pc.

I won't ever install that update again now. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Hi repsakasper,

So sorry to hear about that.

To look into this issue, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode, then find and zip all files under C:\windows\Minidump and send it to support10@iobit.com with URL to this thread.

Please download the tool from http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get zipped file DriverBooster_Log_Files.zip on your desktop. Please send us the zip file along with the minidump file.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Would you like a report for perfect working systems too?

I still am watching and waiting for updates to make this software better and more thorough. I still wish it could catch more drivers.

• 2 weeks later...

re: Drive Booster

Thank you Scannan, that is the general consensus I have been getting from experienced tech folk regarding driver updaters - 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' -

use driver updaters at your own risk.

lee

Well Said , Hi Guys ,,just experienced that myself in DRIVE BOOSTER,, and agree , the Hard Way .. But wanted to Thank You , to Scannon, Enoskpe , and Cicely , for your support on my issue posted here with my sound issue ,, But all is well , and I got it back !!! Did not realize Vaio , had and built in back up to system ,, I was able to refresh everything , and now sound back !! :grin: I do still have backup with Sony audio driver now !!! 8-)

Boogers

For several months, I've been aware that updating the sound driver on my Acer disables the Dolby, since that platform doesn't recognize the new driver. i believe I mentioned this before. I also mentioned that, for that reason, I considered an automatic update could well be a disadvantage, and that I'd prefer to be in control of any updating operation. Imagine my surprise to find that -- although I carefully avoided updating the sound driver, my Dolbe is not functioning.I can only suspect that your program has updated my sound driver without even asking permission; I'm not real pleased with the prospect of restoring back through I don't know how many restoration points until I get my Dolbe back. Then I'll need to go through trying to figure what more recent changes were lost by returning to that point. Quite a can of worms, guys. Thanks a whole lot.

I have the same issue of update failing so why is it there?

i tested it and had to point out a few things:

"note" some problems could be caused by my computer, i need people to confirm the following problems so i know it's not just me.

- It does not detect all drivers. (i know i have 3 updates and the tool only detects 1 of them.)

- Creating restore point is taking too long (already going on for 10 minutes - disabling creating restore point makes it work)

- i can't cancel any ongoing actions like creating restore points or downloading a driver. (have to close the program with the taskmanager)

- the driver updates are somehow very slow (makes 30 seconds lasting installations last for 4+ minutes)

- drivers dont install, (it takes ages to "install' them and then the computer has te reboot following in a rescan wich shows the same driver again.)

let's see how this will work out :).

i also got a few suggestions:

- a portable version, (1 version which only contains the program, and 1 version which contains drivers like a driverpacks for offline driver installation. just like Driver Solution).

- Driver management. (view and save the drivers you installed for use when reinstalling the OS or have to update/install drivers for a computer or notebook with the same hardware).

- if it is going to be a paid program and it would have a portable version, import the licence on the USB so its activated/pro even if you use it on a other computer. ( unlike ASC Portable which always checks for a licence on every computer and goes back to the free version if you dont have one).

i know Iobit makes great programs and im sure this will become one of the best driver updaters on the market!

Great question as I would love to know this too as I just paid for the ASC PRO version of $19.99 and I used it Driver BOOSTER v 1.1 and it came up with 5 updates needed and this is the latest 1.1 version part of ASC PRO which went through the download of the first one and took awhile to install the Driver for the NVidia GeForce 6150SE nforce 430 which is outdated it should've stopped part way through then I tried to reply on the form and that failed as well so if we have to put our license code for the ASCPRO which the booster is clearly a part of and I go w/o food to pay for the darn program I expect all pieces to work so on top of your question I would love to ask are we supposed to put the license code in there to upgrade it to work???

Why Is It Saying It Failed When Went All Way?

:???::x I just paid for the ASC PRO version of $19.99 and I used it (Driver BOOSTER v 1.1) and it came up with 5 updates needed and this is the latest 1.1 version part of ASC PRO. Which it went through the download of the first one and took awhile to install the Driver for the NVidia GeForce 6150SE nforce 430 which is outdated so it should've stopped part way through then it failed not downloaded and then take FOREVER to go all the way with a restore point-5 minutes , downloading less but the install at least 6-8 minutes. I tried to reply on the form and that failed as well so if we have to put our license code for the ASCPRO which the booster is clearly a part of and I go w/o food to pay for the darn program I expect all pieces to work so on top of anothers' questions I would love to ask, are we supposed to put the license code in there to upgrade it to work or why even have it there if it DOESN'T WORK!!!???:x

Hi warrenhottie,

You may have a misunderstanding that Advanced SystemCare Pro and Driver Booster are two totally different programs, ASC just provides an easy link to download the latter one.

For the driver concern, please download the tool from http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get zipped file DriverBooster_Log_Files.zip on your desktop. Please send the zip file to support13@iobit.com with URL to this thread.

Nice day. :-D

Opinión Driver Booster

Hola.

Gracias por la descarga FREE de Driver Booster.

Voy a probar este software, y no me gustaría que me presionaran para efectuar la compra con la pantalla que sugiere la compra. Déjenme tomar mi decisión con tranquilidad.

Es muy molesto que cada cierto tiempo aparezca la pantalla sugiriendo la compra. Esto no lo apruebo, a pesar que el programa pueda ser muy bueno.

Asimismo, por favor tampoco me gusta que la pantalla del software que sugiere la compra del Advanced System Care Ultimate esté apareciendo con mucha frecuencia y todos los días. Esto es muy molesto, a pesar que el software sea extraordinario, si esto persiste así yo no remendaría más su producto entre mis amigos, mis clientes, y mi red de contactos en todas las redes sociales.

Ya les hice la compra del software Advanced System Care PRO, además del SMART Defrag hace pocos días.

Tomen consideración mi opinión y la sugerencia para modificar esa pantalla molesta que sugiere la compra. Hay otras formas de vender más eficaces.

Gracias por la atención a la presente.

Slds +

Hola.

Gracias por la descarga FREE de Driver Booster.

Voy a probar este software, y no me gustaría que me presionaran para efectuar la compra con la pantalla que sugiere la compra. Déjenme tomar mi decisión con tranquilidad.

Es muy molesto que cada cierto tiempo aparezca la pantalla sugiriendo la compra. Esto no lo apruebo, a pesar que el programa pueda ser muy bueno.

Asimismo, por favor tampoco me gusta que la pantalla del software que sugiere la compra del Advanced System Care Ultimate esté apareciendo con mucha frecuencia y todos los días. Esto es muy molesto, a pesar que el software sea extraordinario, si esto persiste así yo no remendaría más su producto entre mis amigos, mis clientes, y mi red de contactos en todas las redes sociales.

Ya les hice la compra del software Advanced System Care PRO, además del SMART Defrag hace pocos días.

Tomen consideración mi opinión y la sugerencia para modificar esa pantalla molesta que sugiere la compra. Hay otras formas de vender más eficaces.

Gracias por la atención a la presente.

Slds +

Thank you for the FREE download of Driver Booster.

I'll try this software, and I would not that I pressured to complete the purchase with the screen suggests the purchase. Let me make my decision with peace of mind.

It is very annoying that every so often the screen suggesting the purchase appears. This not so approve, despite the fact that the program can be very good.

Also, please not I like that the display of the software that suggests the purchase of Advanced System Care Ultimate is appearing with daily and very often. This is very annoying, despite the fact that the software is extraordinary, if this persists so I no it tenaciously over your product among my friends, my clients, and my network of contacts in all social networks.

Now I made the purchase of Advanced System Care PRO, in addition to SMART Defrag software a few days ago.

Take consideration my opinion and suggestion to modify that annoying screen suggesting the purchase. There are other ways to sell more effective.

Thanks for the attention to the present.

Herlancef

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your feedback.

However, in future please post in English language as this is a requirement of the Forum. You can use Bing Translator.

http://www.bing.com/translator

Herlancef

Bienvenido al foro y gracias por tus comentarios.

Sin embargo, en el futuro, por favor publicar en lengua inglesa como este es un requisito del foro. Puede usar Bing Translator.

http://www.bing.com/translator

Wow Epic Failure

I ran the driver booster as usual as I have done many times before. I was surprised whenafter it finished my keyboard and mouse locked up. I mean nothing worked. I immediately rolled back my computer and it worked fine. So me being the dumbass I ran it again and like before it found 6 drivers out of date and just like before it locked up my whole computer.

I have spent three days starting over with a full recovery of my main computer. I have everything backed up but still I have a ton of software that has to be uploaded.

I very scared ran it again once I got thru about half my software and it worked this time, but I am a little worried that if this happens again I might not be so lucky as for it to happen right after a backup.

The part that sucks is that I cannot produce the failure to be checked by you guys.

P.S. it has taken 14 cups of coffee to fix and I am not done.

Hi CKCustom,

Thanks for your feedback.

Please describe the issue more clearly and download the tool from http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe

Double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get zipped file DriverBooster_Log_Files.zip on your desktop.

Please send the zip file to support13@iobit.com with URL to this post.

Thanks for your patience. Looking forward to your reply.:-D

• 4 weeks later...

Good thing to have here could be a possibility to reinstall (overwrite) the latest driver even if it's already installed.

For example, my GPU driver is showed as updated to the latest version, but I'm still not sure if it's done properly, because I can't run certain games by OpenGL (CS 1.6, Warzoone 2100 etc) even my GPU supports it. That's why I'd like to reinstall it by Driver Booster and see if it'll change anything. ;)

I downloaded the latest version from download.com of Driver Booster(1.2). My antivirus (Eset Smart Security) identified a threat to the downloaded file.

The threat is called "a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Widgi".

I checked this file and it contains a toolbar that the user can choose to install or not. I do not think it is a false positive but I think that measures should be taken, and adwareul toolbars should be removed.

TrendMicro-HouseCall to detect this threat as'' TROJ_GEN.F47V0107''

* Eset and TrendMicro according to tests are among the most powerful security programs and have the fewest false positive reports.

• 2 weeks later...

Where do i find what is exactly and currently are the drivers being used with your program it seems to me that windows is still showing what it came with and HP said that their drivers and mine were up to date for a HP pavilion g6-2225nr, win 8 x64 V6.9 IE 10 but your program V1.2.0 updated 6 of my drivers. What is up with that can you let me know and i am being logged of i'm to slow?:-D

This product sucks!!! My computer took forever to load anything even after 5 reboots! Had to do a system restore to get rid of this junk!

Along with installing drivers from Driver Booster, there is a risk that they will not work well, so in this case you can use the restore tool provided by Driver Booster, in order to restore the previous version drivers.Also you can download drivers manual from manufacture website.

Can create more problems than it fixes

Recently my system started acting strangely. I use Outlook Express to download and open my email. My emails started opening very slowly, like 15-30 seconds to open the first one. The second email would always open at a normal speed. Then an issue cropped up in connection with standby. My computer stopped waking up from standby and I had to shut it down and restart it each time it entered standby. It took me several days and several restore points to finally resolve the problems. I had a difficult time pin pointing what actually caused the issues. At first I thought is was ASC 7's scan and clean causing it, but I eliminated that as the culprit. Finally, I ran an older program called DRIVER MAGICIAN to restore my drivers from a backup I had done back in Nov of 2013 and all the problems were resolved. I think that updating the drivers can be detrimental if not absolutely necessary. I won't be using DRIVE BOOSTER again but it was a good lesson.