IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malware Fighter: Acer False Positive Report

:? Malware Fighter identified one of my Acer computer files as Trojan malware. I am using a small Acer Aspire One notebook which works very well. I'm glad that I was paying attention and didn't allow the deletion of one of my necessary files. OOPS! The report is below:

IObit Malware Fighter

Version: 2.0.1.2

Define Version: 1239

Time Elapsed: 02:27:42

Objects Scanned: 72853

Threats Found: 1

Save Time: 5/31/2013 2:30:37 PM

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\OEM\ACERASSIST\install.exe, 4114705

Hi Kandycain,

What you probably have is a false positive. Here is the description of AcerAssist from bleepingcomputer:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/launcher.exe-19475.html

I personally have a Gateway (Acer) laptop and in the year that I have had it, I have never once had the equivalent software offer an update. Whether you keep it on your system is up too you.

@The Magician consider offering reasonable and effective advice when you join a forum, if not, most people won't take the time to respond or just hope you'll crawl back under your bridge.

A.T.

Archived