IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I am F U R I O U S ! -[Solved]

Since when does IObit add to to an update notice for a new version of Malware Fighter PRO an UNWANTED TOOLBAR as part of the update? :evil:

So accustomed to just clicking Install to get the new version, I failed to see the FIRST D/L was some *%#@ toolbar INSTEAD. By the time I realized what was being D/Led was not MF 2, the toolbar D/L had started. Cancel didn't stop it, so I clicked on SysTray to stop it from running ... and I'll just be darned if that didn't UNINSTALL MF PRO - including my original Set-Up.exe!!

1. How do I go about getting MF PRO 1.7 (not BETA 2) **back** on my computer -- and, NO, I do not have the license info! (The "fingerprint", yes.)

2. How do I PERMANENTLY DELETE THAT TOOLBAR from my H-D -- and NOT just disable it?

Thanks ... as I grind my molars...

WriterJC

Intel, Celeron CPU 2.93 GHz

XP Home SP3 32 bit

2.93 GHz, 960 MB RAM

IE (latest version)

Windows Essentials

DSL AT&T

MISSING IN ACTION: Malware Fighter PRO 1.7

IObit ASC 6.0 PRO

Auslogics Disk Defrag

Auslogics Boost Speed PRO

Ccleaner

Foxit Reader

Hi WriterJC,

Let's see if we can correct it!

Please check if you already have the IObit Malware Fighter folder under IObit folder in your Windows Explorer.

If you have it, then check if you have the license.dat file in the main IObit Malware Fighter folder.

If you have that file, please copy it to a safe location of your choice.

Since you have also ASC PRO, please use Uninstaller in the Toolbox to uninstall the toolbars that have been installed with advanced uninstall also using Powerful Scan option.

Download IMF 2.0 from the link provided in IObit Malware Fighter 2.0.1.6 is released! thread.

This time please becareful to reject and/or decline whatever you don't want to be installed.

After clean installation of IMF 2.0, copy the license.dat file, that you have saved before, to the main IObit malware Fighter folder.

See if this helps.

If it doesn't, don't worry, I am sure that Cicely will help to correct it at the end.

Cheers.

I am F U R I O U S !

enoskype,

Thank you for responding.

1. I found MF in Windows and Program Files. Is that where you meant for "Windows Explorer"?

2. The License.dat file was there; however, it warned opening could damage the file, etc. To access it, one must "Open With.." and I have no idea what that "with" might be.

3. I do not want version 2 until all the bugs are fixed. All I want is IMF 1.7 for now.

Will follow your instructions for deleting the toolbar. (Hoping the instructions are Computer :-| Dummie explicit.)

Be assured I shall READ and be careful what to accept or reject in the future. 'Guess my trust in IObit to D/L what was explicitly for MF PRO 2.0 was my own fault ... and not very smart. :-(

Thank you, again, for your help! Will look for an answer from Cicley for the IMF PRO 1.7.

Kindest regards,

Writer JC

EDIT: Please check your PM

Hi WriterJC,

Let's see if we can correct it!

Please check if you already have the IObit Malware Fighter folder under IObit folder in your Windows Explorer.

If you have it, then check if you have the license.dat file in the main IObit Malware Fighter folder.

If you have that file, please copy it to a safe location of your choice.

Since you have also ASC PRO, please use Uninstaller in the Toolbox to uninstall the toolbars that have been installed with advanced uninstall also using Powerful Scan option.

Download IMF 2.0 from the link provided in IObit Malware Fighter 2.0.1.6 is released! thread.

This time please becareful to reject and/or decline whatever you don't want to be installed.

After clean installation of IMF 2.0, copy the license.dat file that you have saved before to the main IObit malware Fighter folder.

See if this helps.

If it doesn't, don't worry, I am sure that Cicely will help to correct it at the end.

Cheers.

WJC, please do not try to open license.dat file, but copy it to a safe location such as your Desktop.

(right click on file=>choose Copy from the menu=>go to Desktop=>right click=>Paste).

Next time, when your IMF works as PRO, please export your License Key (License Code) to your Documets folder from the License Manager section of IMF to be able to use the License Code for later occasions.

Please check your PM.

Cheers.

I am F U R I O U S !

enoskype,

To be certain I understand...

Once I have a copy of the license.dat file on My Desktop (per your instructions), it's all right to open that file to get the license code?

THEN, after the IMF is D/L'ed, copy that code to the License Manager?

I really miss not having IMF for protection!

Thanks, again :smile:

JC

WJC, please do not try to open license.dat file, but copy it to a safe location such as your Desktop.

(right click on file=>choose Copy from the menu=>go to Desktop=>right click=>Paste).

Next time, if your IMF works as PRO, please export your License Key (License Code) to your Documets folder from the License Manager section of IMF to be able to use the License Code next time.

Cheers.

WJC,

Do not try to open the file!

It is an encrypted file and can not be read and there will be meaningless figures in the file.

If IMF does not work as PRO after installing, copy the .dat file from Desktop after downloading and installing IMF, go to the IMF folder in your Program Files and paste the .dat file to that folder.

It may ask you if you want to replace the existing file, click YES.

When everything is finished, the license code will appear in the License Manager window of IMF. Then you can click the Export Licence link and create a text file anywhere you like (For example into Documents folder) including your License Code in it.

Cheers.

I am F U R I O U S !

enoskype:

After downloading IMF, it asked "Do you want to replace the existing file" (apparently it was hidden somewhere on my H-D), I answered YES.

Lo and behold, it was not only the PRO version 1.7, but it upon opening it, it also had the license code -- without having to "copy" the license.dat thing.

Just to be certain, that was my former license code for IMF PRO -- correct?

There aren't enough words to describe my RELIEF for making a such a stupid mistake causing this, OR to express my gratitude to you for guiding me through this with a clairty that made it a breeze ... which dissipated the every bit of the stress and fear of making another mistake.

THANK YOU! :smile:

JC

WJC,

Do not try to open the file!

It is an encrypted file and can not be read and there will be meaningless figures in the file.

If IMF does not work as PRO after installing, copy the .dat file from Desktop after downloading and installing IMF, go to the IMF folder in your Program Files and paste the .dat file to that folder.

It may ask you if you want to replace the existing file, click YES.

When everything is finished the license code will appear in the License Manager window of IMF. Then you can click the Export Licence link and create a text file anywhere you like (For example into Documents folder) including your License Code in it.

Cheers.

WriterJC is not FURIOUS anymore!

JC,

Nothing at all, I am glad your problem is solved. :-D

Yes, it is your former License Code for IMF RO. Please do not forget to export it into a text file to your Documents folder and keep it there safely.:lol:

All the best and cheers.

Hi WriterJC and enoskype,

WriterJC ,happy to see that your issue has been solved. Well, it seems that I am a snail who is always bradykinesia to help. :cry:

Fortunately, our dear enoskype always help our users timely. Thanks a lot.:-D

By the way, WriterJC , do you like IMF v2 now?

If you have any suggestions or issues, please feel free to tell us.

I am F U R I O U S !

Good morning, Cicely!

We quite agree about enoskype being timely and very helpful - and patient!

After seeing the posts about IMF v2 by some very savy gurus, I'm not ready to D/L it - yet. My knowledge about program development would fit on the pointy end of a pin, so I'd rather wait until the IMF team completes its testing. That said...

When IMF was retrieved, it did NOT seem to include the updates. The definitions version reads: 1194 (2012-12-21) Is there any way I can get the updates that (I think) are missing until v2 is fully faceted and polished?

Less than a week ago IMF caught a Trojan and several other miscreants. IMF removed them quickly and thoroughly, but if the updates since December 2012 made any part of that cleaning possible, having those updates now are important.

Please advise. :-)

Cheers,

JC

Intel, Celeron CPU 2.93 GHz

XP Home SP3 32 bit

2.93 GHz, 960 MB RAM

IE (latest version)

Windows Essentials

DSL AT&T

IMF PRO - Definitions 1194 (2012-12-21)

IObit ASC 6.0 PRO

Auslogics Disk Defrag

Auslogics Boost Speed PRO

Ccleaner

Foxit Reader

Hi WriterJC and enoskype,

WriterJC ,happy to see that your issue has been solved. Well, it seems that I am a snail who is always bradykinesia to help. :cry:

Fortunately, our dear enoskype always help our users timely. Thanks a lot.:-D

By the way, WriterJC , do you like IMF v2 now?

If you have any suggestions or issues, please feel free to tell us.

Hi JC,

You can manually update by clicking update in IMF 1.7, or you can update offline following the procedure in the first post of IObit Malware Fighter latest OFFLINE DATABASE thread and downloading the latest database version 1240 from THIS post being the last one in the same thread.

Please extract the contents of imf-offline-db1223.zip file first to the db folder under IObit Malware folder before extracting the contents of imf-offline-db1240.zip file to the same db folder.

Database updated version 1241 will be available later today (June 07, 2013).

Cheers.

EDIT: Database updated version 1241 can be downloaded from THIS post.

I am F U R I O US

After clicking UPDATE in IMF v1, IMF v2 wanted to download.

I gave up and let it.

One major plus with IMF is the automatic UPGRADES which, for this tech-deprived User, is a blessing.

What about "click the Cloud" in the Guide? Isn't it already active?

Thank you both ... THE major plus for IObit, right after the developers!

Cheers,

JC

Hi WriterJC ,

Have you updated successfully by enoskype's instructions?

If you meet any issues, please feel free to tell us.

And sincerely thanks enoskype's timely and patient reply.:-D

Hi JC,

Cloud is already active, but clicking Cloud icon on the right will take you to Cloud Security page on the IMF GUI, where you can see the global IObit cloud statistics and also you can upload a file from your PC to IObit Cloud to check if it is a treat or a safe file according to IObit Cloud database.

Cheers.

Next time, when your IMF works as PRO, please export your License Key (License Code) to your Documets folder from the License Manager section of IMF to be able to use the License Code for later occasions.

Please check your PM.

Cheers.

They must have changed it. I did another:?: clean install of W8 on two computers. Don't ask why cause I ain't telling. Anyway I reformatted my system drive before the new install. I made sure to name the computer on the new install the same as the one on the old install. I installed IMF entered my license, no problem. IMF turned Pro.:smile:

Archived