IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Invalid Fonts Windows 2008 R2 Server

ASC Ultimate 6 reporting invalid fonts under Windows 2008 R2 that are not invalid. Fresh install of Windows. ASC ran as admin account. Had same problem under Windows 2003 R2 but thought it was because of upgrading from Windows 2000 Server and before that upgrading from Windows NT 3.51. ASC 5 also reported them as invalid. If I allow ASC to remove the fonts entries in the registry, all sorts of trouble occurs.

What makes ASC report them as being invalid? What sort of info do I need to provide to get this obvious bug fixed?

screenshots

here are some screen shots... the only real issue I am questioning is in the registry section.

Also interesting that ASC Deep Scan Registry clean is different than the Registry Cleaner from the toolbox....

I think I have tracked down the problem. The filename listed in the registry key is "invalid" in the sense the folder does not exist but Windows automagically converts the folder to the proper one internally according to various posts on MS TechNet. Apparently it is a "feature" from Microsoft to keep compatibility with other software apps.

Hi jnewlin,

Thank you for your reply.

For the issue "ASC Deep Scan Registry Fix is different from the Registry Cleaner" is because that the "Deep Scan" is not ticked in Registry Cleaner by default. Please check the attachment to see what I mentioned. Certainly, you can tick "Deep Scan" in Registry Cleaner.

For the issue " If I allow ASC to remove the fonts entries in the registry, all sorts of trouble occurs", please describe the troubles more clearly with details.

Besides, please download the tool from:

http://download.iobit.com/test/info-helper-v6.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get zipped file ASC6_Info_File.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can look into the issue further.

Thanks in advance.

Archived