IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

just installed and ran for 1st time

jgorow

not sure if my post posted, so I started a new thread. installation ran without a hitch, I had thought all my drivers were up to date, but it found an intel update for my network adapter. if the program is going to be shareware after the best test period is over, I have an idea for a feature that will most likely increase the value for potential end users. some users like to test beta drivers and some do not. would be nice to have an option in the program settings whether to look for the latest beta drivers, or only certified drivers, especially with say, NVidia geoforce drivers, which update quite frequently. also, will the program seek out bios updates as well??????

Hi jgorow,

Thanks for the suggestion.

No matter whether it will be adopted, but we will forward it to our product manager for consideration. :wink:

Regarding "will the program seek out bios updates as well?", we are sorry to tell you that Driver Booster will not seek out bios updates.:cry:

Anyway, should you have any other suggestion or feeback, please feel free to post here.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Day of Greif

Yesterday was also the first time I installed and ran this program. . .

Well, it only found two updates, they were associated with the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. After installing the updates various things started happening. After re-booting I had no available networks to join, when the PC re-booted the Windows 7 window was deformed and the PC made a number of screeching sounds, whick I've never heard before and, as I'm an MCSE, I've listened to many PCs boot up. No amount of tweeking solved the main problem of not being able to get on a network. The final blow was the dredded Blue Screen!!

At this point I attempted a Windows Restore, even that had a problem as it told me no changes were made to my system after it attempted to restore. The message came up to have Windows do a system check (recommended), so I allowed that process. During that process Windows had me pick a backup to use. I selected one of the options and HAPPILY Windows was able to repair whatever was ailing it. I am writing this on the following day and so far all seems well.

I guess a bit more work is needed on this app.

The program was installed on an HP laptop, Pavilion dv7, which is a little over a year old.

Hi Vette10,

So sorry to hear about what you've encountered. :sad:

To look into this issue, we need your help providing the files below:

Please find and zip all files under C:\windows\Minidump and send it to support10@iobit.com with URL to this thread.

Please COPY & PASTE %AppData%\IObit\Driver Booster\Logs into the address bar of Computer and send the log with the right date to support10@iobit.com too.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Archived