IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IMF PRO v2 stuck as open page

This is NOT in reference to the IMF icon located on the Start-Up Menu, bottom right of the screen.

The lastest version of IMF PRO ran this this AM; however, when it finished it remained at the bottom of the screen -- indicating an open or minimized page. Clicking on it did nothing to open it so it could be closed and removed.

How can that be accomplished?

Thanks!

Writer JC

IObit Fan

Intel, Celeron CPU 2.93 GHz

XP Home SP3 32 bit

2.93 GHz, 960 MB RAM

IE (latest version)

Windows Essentials

DSL AT&T

IMF PRO v2

ASC PRO 6.0

Auslogics Disk Defrag

Auslogics Boost Speed PRO

Ccleaner

Foxit Reader

Hi WriterJC,

Please download and install the latest IMF 2.0.1.8 from the either link in IObit Malware Fighter 2.0.1.8 is released! thread.

Let it update the database to the latest (1241 as of today) after installation.

If it makes the same glitch that you have described, please open Task Manager by right clicking on the Task Bar (at the bottom of the screen) and choosing Task Manager option on the right click menu.

When the Task Manager window is opened, find IMF.exe process on the left and kill it (end the process), so the non clickable icon on the Taskbar can disappear.

Double click the IMF shortcut icon and start IMF process again. You can minimize the IMF GUI to System Bar (Start-Up Menu, bottom right of the screen according to your definition) 8-) on the bottom right of the Desktop.

If this problem persists, then send a PM to Cicely giving the link to this thread.

As a summary, freezing of an icon on the task bar can sometimes happens in Windows of which I have encountered many times in all Windows OSes with many different programs.:roll:

Cheers.

IMF PRO v2 stuck as open page

Enosjype,

I already have v2 with DB 1241 as of 7 June at 6:48 AM. Are you suggesting to re-download/install all of it again? (Not a problem to do that, if necessary.)

Since I have both v2 and DB update 1241, I did look at the Task Manager. The only IMF listing I saw was IMFsrv.exe -- but NOT IMF.exe ... so I didn't kill it.

Thanks,

JC

:: eyes crossed ::

Hi WriterJC,

Please download and install the latest IMF 2.0.1.8 from the either link in IObit Malware Fighter 2.0.1.8 is released! thread.

Let it update the database to the latest (1241 as of today) after installation.

If it makes the same glitch that you have described, please open Task Manager by right clicking on the Task Bar (at the bottom of the screen) and choosing Task Manager option on the right click menu.

When the Task Manager window is opened, find IMF.exe process on the left and kill it (end the process), so the non clickable icon on the Taskbar can disappear.

Double click the IMF shortcut icon and start IMF process again. You can minimize the IMF GUI to System Bar (Start-Up Menu, bottom right of the screen according to your definition) 8-) on the bottom right of the Desktop.

If this problem persists, then send a PM to Cicely giving the link to this thread.

As a summary, freezing of an icon on the task bar can sometimes happens in Windows of which I have encountered many times in all Windows OSes with many different programs.:roll:

Cheers.

Problem disappeared

Just noticed that sometime between sending the above post and now, the problem somehow resolved itself. No explanation. <shrug>

Happily,

JC

Enosjype,

I already have v2 with DB 1241 as of 7 June at 6:48 AM. Are you suggesting to re-download/install all of it again? (Not a problem to do that, if necessary.)

Since I have both v2 and DB update 1241, I did look at the Task Manager. The only IMF listing I saw was IMFsrv.exe -- but NOT IMF.exe ... so I didn't kill it.

Thanks,

JC

:: eyes crossed ::

Hi WriterJC,

Happy to see that the issue has been solved.

As enoskype mentioned "freezing of an icon on the task bar can sometimes happens in Windows of which I have encountered many times in all Windows OSes with many different programs". If you meet any issues again, please feel free to tell us with screenshots.:-D

Thanks enoskype. :wink:

Archived